USB printer goes offline when it is connected to Anker 10 Port 60W USB

zillah

Dear Experts

Recently I bought Anker 10 Port 60W Data Hub with 7 USB 3.0 Ports and 3 PowerIQ that connected to my windows 7 Desktop (it is powered from AC )

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00VDVCQ84/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

When i connect my canon pixma MP230 USB printer it goes offline (Yes for sure) , if I connect the usb cable to computer directly the same printer will be online again

Is that because USB hub doesn't supply enough power to the printer (I tried many ports),,,,,,,,,,,,I have experienced the same issue before.

Thanks

The USB 3 cable from the hub to the PC might not like the printer. Probably the printer itself has a USB 2 cable. USB 3 and 2 are compatible if you use a 2.0 cable all the way. Best idea is to keep the printer plugged directly to the PC.

It should work so as suggested, check your cables. Does your router have a USB port? Many do and that would be a better solution yet as it will turn your printer into a networked printer. Having it networked is a more secure solution plus it means any device on your network can print to it.

• Like 1