Biology question

Jeber

If there are any biology experts out there, I could use your advice. I need help identifying the following:1) Large for an insect, about the size of a small duck, 20# at most; 2) Purple, or a shade of purple. Purple everything, body, head, antenna, all 5 eyes, tail, pincers; 3) Fuzzy; 4) legs about one foot long, attached to a normal foot - wait, does that make it two feet long?; 5) Oval body shape. Think a fuzzy, purple Humpty Dumpty. OK, don't.The reason I'm asking is because when I woke up this morning, one of these was laying on my chest. I tried not to alarm it as I reached for my gun, but it spooked and ran away. I think it may have bit me on the neck. That, or the vampires are back. Anyway, I need to know; is it venomous? How long do I have? Is my current state a result of the bite, or have I always been like this? How is that possible? And if it's not venomous, is it edible? I may have winged it and I'm gonna trail it, if that's safe to do, I mean. :lol:

muckshifter

Well I saw the thing coming out of the skyIt had one long horn and five big eyesI commenced to shaking and I said oo-wheeIt looks like a purple eater to meIt was a five-eyed one-hornedFlying purple people eater.RUN :lol:

It was a baby snuffulupagus...this is their larval form. You can hunt them, but if you run into Momma, you'll need at least a 454 Kasul to keep yourself from being "snuffed".I doubt that the larvae bit you, as they are generally still suckling at this stage, which is probably why it was on your chest.Please don't blame this baby on you current state. Your current state is the result of all of those behaviors of yours in your youth. I, too, am a victim of the choices I made. I had too much fun then, am having too much fun now, and will just have to continue my suffering.Hey, if you go out, you wanna borrow my Scout Rifle?

Guest LilBambi

OK, although all of this conversation is entirely entertaining ... I think we have it down to between the Purple People Eater and Barney!I am not sure which would be worse! :D

Gee, if it's the P.P.E., I'll leave it alone. It serves a useful purpose. But if it's Barney, come on Elmer, we got us a varment to kill.

The PPE is purple...Barney is purple...The Phoenix Suns are purple...Scott's Newsletter Forums are purple...Oh no, the PPE has disguised himeself as Barney and is playing with the Phoenix Suns! He is tracking all of us via these forums, which is how he found Jeber! Is Scot the PPE! Was it the Butler in the Family Room with the Iron?Stay tuned, same Bat time...he's purple, too. Where do we turn?