Photo

Eclipse Photos- She Blinded Me With Science...

Yesterday, 09:12 PM

Posted by Cluttermagnet in The Restaurant at the Edge of the Universe
Hi, All-

I started out on the deck with this contraption, but soon moved
it out front in the driveway to get away from tree limbs..

Posted Image

This was an idea I stole whole off of the internet. Worked perfectly. It's a 'pinhole viewer'. Expected
image size is 0.01 times the length. It's 6ft of box (72in), so we expected (and got) an image of
abnout 0.72 in width. That's about 3/4 inch. See why this is way better than a crumby old shoe box?
Anyway, it did the job..

.Posted Image

The faint crescent you see is our sun coming out of the 80+ percent eclipse seen in the mid-Atlantic
region. At peak time of 2:42PM local, that crescent was real skinny like a new moon. That little 'smile'
just kept getting wider and wider; started to resemble a jack o'lantern smile to me... The moon is
moving away to the right in my reverse image here. Started out a real skinny crescent- it's starting to
get noticeably wider in this shot... 1/16 inch, 1/8 inch, 1/4 inch, 3/8 inch. Eventually I became bored
(and overheated) and went back inside to enjoy the air conditioning. This renews my belief in
science, the universe, and everything. By golly, them scientist guys are the real deal, Martha! Vivid
visual proof of celestial mechanics and what not. (She blinded me with science!)

Clutter

53 Views · 4 Replies ( Last reply by abarbarian )

Photo

This one's definitely low-powered

Today, 06:00 AM

Posted by Computerworld in Computerworld News

Pilot fish is having a problem with cable-company-provided webmail, and it seems like the logical thing to do is to contact the company through its online chat system.

"I did this while at work so I could multitask on other activities, as I figured this would take a while," says fish.

"I explained that the email search box doesn't work very often -- I enter a word to search, wait for the drop down list of whether it's the sender, subject or email text and then wait...and wait...and wait..and nothing happens."

On the other end of the chat, "Gavin" asks some of the same questions several times, but after five minutes tells fish, "I will go ahead and fix this issue for you."

To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here

View the full article

0 Views · 0 Replies

Photo

How to choose the right enterprise mobility management tool

Yesterday, 05:34 PM

Posted by Computerworld in Computerworld News

It’s almost redundant to refer to a “mobile workforce,” because so much of the workforce today is using mobile devices in some fashion. Managing this large and expanding environment continues to be a huge challenge for IT, and for a growing number of organizations, enterprise mobility management (EMM) is the solution of choice.

Recent industry research shows the expected growth in demand for EMM products, which typically incorporate mobile device management (MDM), mobile application management (MAM), mobile security and mobile content management. An April 2017 report from The Radicati Group forecasts that worldwide revenues for the EMM market will total $1.8 billion by year-end 2017. This will increase to more than $3.3 billion by year-end 2021, for an average annual growth rate of 18% over the next four years.

To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here

View the full article

43 Views · 0 Replies

Latest Discussions

Site Navigation

Online Users

1 members, 35 visitors and 0 anonymous users

Google, Bing, Yahoo, abarbarian

Portal v1.1.0 by DevFuse | Based on IP.Board Portal by IPS