PCLos Updating Question

chr1s

Hi all,After recently installing PCLos Prev5 on a spare machine, I've been wanting to update to the latest stuff (KDE 3.2 mainly). I ran apt-get update, then apt-get upgrade. The thing is that it skips all the kdebase etc stuff that I'm assuming is KDE 3.2. I thought it might be because I was in KDE, so I logged out and tried in Gnome - same thing.Probably something simple, any ideas?Thanks,Chris :)btw: I'm loving PCLos!, although I think prev 4 looked more polished/ professional.

Hi ChrisDid you use synaptic for the update ? And did you click the "execute" button as well ?Then, can you show me

# cat  /etc/apt/sources.list

:blink: Bruno

Hi ChrisDid you use synaptic for the update ? And did you click the "execute" button as well ?Then, can you show me
# cat  /etc/apt/sources.list

B) Bruno

Hi Bruno,Yeh, I used Synaptic, and I clicked the "execute" button too. Here's the contents of that file:#PCLINUXOS apt repositoryrpm http://ftp.ibiblio.org/pub/Linux/distribut.../pclinuxos/apt/ pclinuxos/2004 os updates texstar#rpm ftp://ftp-linux.cc.gatech.edu/pub/metalab.../pclinuxos/apt/ pclinuxos/2004 os updates texstar#rpm ftp://ftp.nluug.nl/pub/metalab/distributi.../pclinuxos/apt/ pclinuxos/2004 os updates texstar#rpm ftp://ftp.gwdg.de/pub/linux/mirrors/sunsi.../pclinuxos/apt/ pclinuxos/2004 os updates texstarI did notice that when I clicked on "execute" the packages start to download, but many of them have "failed" next to the name.Cheers,Chris.

Hi ChrisWe want to change that /etc/apt/sources.list . . this is how it should look like: ( Just copy and paste it )

#PCLINUXOS apt repository#rpm http://ftp.ibiblio.org/pub/Linux/distributions/contrib/texstar/pclinuxos/apt/ pclinuxos/2004 os updates texstar#rpm ftp://ftp-linux.cc.gatech.edu/pub/metalab/distributions/contrib/texstar/pclinuxos/apt/ pclinuxos/2004 os updates texstarrpm ftp://ftp.nluug.nl/pub/metalab/distributions/contrib/texstar/pclinuxos/apt/ pclinuxos/2004 os updates texstar#rpm ftp://ftp.gwdg.de/pub/linux/mirrors/sunsite/distributions/contrib/texstar/pclinuxos/apt/ pclinuxos/2004 os updates texstar

Would you know how to do that . . or shall I post detailed instructions ??B) Bruno

I recently setup a PClos system. You can also update via:

suapt-get updateapt-get upgradereboot, then:apt-get dist-upgrade

Thanks Bruno,That sorted it out :)KDE 3.2 is sweet!!!!!!
Glad it worked Chris . . . . just remember that you have to change the sources.list again after updating . . because the updates will have set it back to the "ibiblio-mirror" . . . . . so just copy the sources I quoted above again to the same file ( and maybe make a backup of it for next time :dl-blue: )tux4.png . . . . . . Bruno