Google Chrome released on Android 4.0+

securitybreach

securitybreach
Google today released a beta version of its Chrome browser for Android, a momentous step that marries two of Google's most important programming projects.

The new browser, unlike the stock Android browser, is available in the Android Market so that people don't have to wait for handset makers to offer it through an operating system upgrade. But its reliance on newer hardware acceleration interfaces means it only works on Ice Cream Sandwich, which despite emerging last year on Samsung's Galaxy Nexus smartphone remains a rarity in the real world.

Chrome for Android (review) includes the desktop version's V8 JavaScript engine, has gesture-based controls for moving among multiple tabs, synchronizes with the desktop version of Chrome, and shuts out plug-ins including Adobe Systems' Flash Player and Google's own Native Client. With its performance and features, Google expects Android users to increase their browser activity..

http://news.cnet.com/8301-30685_3-57368713...ives-on-android

I have it installed on both my HP Touchpad and my Inspire 4G(phone) of which both run ICS. Anyway, it is a great browser that is much better than the stock ICS browser IMHO. Flash does not work at the moment but then again, it is in Beta. I do not really watch any videos on my tablet or phone so it is no big deal for me. On my tablet it looks almost identical to the desktop version: " The browser is rejiggered for tablets.

On tablets, we realize consumers expect a similar experience to what they get on a laptop," Pichai said, so for example the tab strip looks like what you'd see on a personal computer."

Tablet:

6e1129173657552.jpg

Phone:

526287173657553.jpg .... a0a9ed173659976.jpg