---IMPORTANT--- Important Security Updates for LastPass

V.T. Eric Layton

V.T. Eric Layton

A note about password managers....

I do NOT trust them. I don't think it's a good idea to store my important passwords on someone's server in the clouds. Severs get hacked. Encryption gets broken. Things go poof!

Personally, I only use LastPass for the convenience of auto-login at non-important sites like boards, forums, news sites, etc. My important passwords (banking, credit cards, ISP, emails, etc.) are stored ONLY... let me repeat that... ONLY on hard copy (paper) and securely stored somewhere known only to me and my brother. It's inconvenient to have to refer to that hard copy to occasionally login to my bank or PayPal, etc., but it's VERY SECURE. I don't even have copies of my passwords on my computers. Computers can get hacked/stolen, too.

That's just me, though. You folks handle things as you see fit. :)

• Like 1

securitybreach

Well I use a yubikey for two factor authentication and since the passwords are encrypted before they are sent to lastpass, even they cannot access them without my master password and the yubikey that stays on me at all times.

• Like 1