IT Brilliance

raymac46

So the grandkids have been complaining about playing games on my Linux desktop - they don't like the fact that the keyboard and mouse wires keep getting tangled and slowing them down. I got some cash at Christmas so I decided to splurge and buy a wireless combo instead. It's a Logitech MK520 - very nice.

Plugged in the little unified input dongle and fired up the machine. The mouse didn't work until I remembered to switch it on. :whistling: The keyboard wouldn't type anything - oh no, this thing isn't Linux compatible I bet. :bang:

But it had to be, the mouse was working.

Turned out I put one of the batteries for the keyboard in backwards. :blush2:

Sometimes my IT brilliance amazes me. :w00t:

• Like 3

At least you were able to troubleshoot your problems.

Some posters on forums, don't think to do that. You have to lead them step by step through checking things.

• Like 2

So the grandkids have been complaining about playing games on my Linux desktop - they don't like the fact that the keyboard and mouse wires keep getting tangled and slowing them down. I got some cash at Christmas so I decided to splurge and buy a wireless combo instead. It's a Logitech MK520 - very nice.

Plugged in the little unified input dongle and fired up the machine. The mouse didn't work until I remembered to switch it on. :whistling: The keyboard wouldn't type anything - oh no, this thing isn't Linux compatible I bet. :bang:

But it had to be, the mouse was working.

Turned out I put one of the batteries for the keyboard in backwards. :blush2:

Sometimes my IT brilliance amazes me. :w00t:

Only Sheldon Cooper would claim to be too smart to have made that mistake. And he'd be wrong!! :clap:

• Like 1

mac, it was a tongue-in-check post.

Temmu spelled err with too many letter r's, on purpose (or as Temmu might say on porpoise).

He also typed frogive in place of forgive, on purpose.

So his misspelling of divine was spot on to go with the other inaccuracies.