Canadian Election Fever

linuxdude32

Seems we're about to start a national election here in presently the Winter wonderland that is Canada. I say "seems" because we're in a parliamentary system and the government still has until Monday to agree to an election from January to February instead. If they don't, the opposition parties will be voting non-confidence and the government will fall forcing one to start now and ending in middle to end of January. It's all but certain that the latter will occur. I'm very active with my local party association, the NDP, so I won't be around that much for the next few weeks. I'm sure somehow you'll manage without me! ;) I'll still get a digest once a week from ATL but in case I don't have a chance to post for a while, have a great Christmas or Hannukah (or Winter Solstice for the Wiccans among you).

Yeah!It's NDP all the way from here to. But you forgot to let people from other countries know that "in theory" there is one other option which is in the case of a minority government ( like the one we have now ) for the Governor General to ask the Official opposition ( in our case the Conservative party ) if they can create a coalition ( in this case with the Bloc Quebecois ) and take power until another non-confident mention is passed.Have a safe, fruitful Holiday Season in Ontario, my dear friend, and hopefully we'll have a smaller Liberal minority with a stronger NDP opposition come voting time.

:thumbsup: :ermm: :ermm: :ermm: Don't forget we don't have a political forum here at Scot's in order to keep the peace. Glad to hear you are getting involved Jason in your political process. ;)

It's NDP all the way from here to. But you forgot to let people from other countries know that "in theory" there is one other option which is in the case of a minority government ( like the one we have now ) for the Governor General to ask the Official opposition ( in our case the Conservative party ) if they can create a coalition ( in this case with the Bloc Quebecois ) and take power until another non-confident mention is passed.
Very true but unlikely. The last time it happened was in the 1940s and almost caused a constitutional crisis. The GG is supposed to take the advice of the Prime Minister which will be to call an election. Not that I wouldn't be against the Conservatives giving it a go; would be cool to see them fall on their face! B) Thanks for your wishes guys! I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

would be cool to see them fall on their face!
...I hope you're talking about the liberals and that shoe-scuffed mouth of their leader.(P.S.: why is this in the ATL forum? B) ) Edited by epp_b

(P.S.: why is this in the ATL forum? :hmm: )
Now you have me wondering too . . . . . LOL . . . . would it be that the Canadian political parties are using Linux to spread their ******* ??? . . . :devil: B) Bruno

It's in the ATL forum because... da, da, dum.... this is the only place I hang out and just wanted to let people know where I went. :-) Peace!It's official, the non-confidence motion passed and the election starts tomorrow. Cya around!