Photo

A day in the life of a virus lab

17 Nov 2018

Posted by goretsky in Security & Networking
Hello,

I'm not sure if this would be of interest, but ESET, my employer, is giving a presentation on how our virus lab conducts research.  The URL to register is

https://event.on24.c...cepage=register

It's free.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

261 Views · 4 Replies ( Last reply by securitybreach )

Photo

MP3 Burning Glitch

Yesterday, 05:57 PM

Posted by mhbell in Bruno's All Things Linux
I have a couple of hundred MP3's on DVD's and a hard drive. Today I went to Burn some mp3's to a DVD and kb3 says I need a mad library I installed what I could find and still won't work says need a decoder and some other stuff. I tried brasero and it wont burn mps'3 either. I can burn them to a data disc but not as a sound or music disk. I am using mint 19 maybe some nonfree files are missing. any suggestions?
Mel
Here is what I get in K3B

MP3 Audio Decoder plugin not found.
K3b could not load or find the MP3 decoder plugin. This means that you will not be able to create Audio CDs from MP3 files. Many Linux distributions do not include MP3 support for legal reasons.
Solution: To enable MP3 support, please install the MAD MP3 decoding library as well as the K3b MAD MP3 decoder plugin (the latter may already be installed but not functional due to the missing libmad). Some distributions allow installation of MP3 support via an online update tool.

95 Views · 6 Replies ( Last reply by sunrat )

Photo

Microsoft Security Updates for November, 2018

13 Nov 2018

Posted by Corrine in Security & Networking
The November security updates have been released and consists of security updates for the following:  Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge, Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office Services and Web Apps, ChakraCore, .NET Core, Skype for Business, Azure App Service on Azure Stack, Team Foundation Server and Microsoft Dynamics 365 (on-premises) version 8.

The updates address Remote Code Execution, Defense in Depth, Information Disclosure, Tampering, Security Feature Bypass, Elevation of Privilege, Denial of Service and Spoofing.

Note:  Since Dustin Childs is in Tokyo for PawnToOwn, his  review and recommendations in  Zero Day Initiative will be delayed due to the time difference.  An update will be provided following his review.

Release Notes
Windows 10 Update history

487 Views · 1 Replies ( Last reply by Corrine )

Latest Discussions

Site Navigation

Online Users

1 members, 87 visitors and 0 anonymous users

Google, Bing, securitybreach, Yahoo

Portal v1.1.0 by DevFuse | Based on IP.Board Portal by IPS