still parked on the shoulder

zlim

I posted this on Thurs. http://www.scotsnewsletter.com/forums/inde...26&t=1727&st=30and I haven't gotten any suggestions.Since Thur. I've installed Firebird on two other computers, one running 98SE, and the other running ME. Hallelujiah! It is working on ME but I still can't figure out why it won't work on the other two 98SE and 2K). I'd appreciate ANY advice, even bad advice is welcome, LOL. :)

Sorry I didn't reply sooner, but I didn't see your post for some reason...Did you make sure ZA is allowing outside connecting? Make sure Firebird is one of the programs that has permissions to access the internet...Have you tried re-downloading Firebird and re-extracting it? Might try a different build? The 0.6.1 build perhaps?

I have had the same problem on 2 Win2K machines and one XP.I suspect the nightly build is the culprit.I even had the problem with Mozilla.What I would suggest you and it worked for me is download official milestone, not nightly build.Both Mozilla 1.4 and Firebird 0.6 milestones worked fine.I hope it helps!

Thanks for the suggestions. Yup, ZA allows it out, it asks permission and after I say yes, nothing happens. I am using version .6.1 on all (I move from computer to computer with a USB jumpdrive so it is the exact program on all three). I will download .6 and see if that makes a difference on the two non-functioning computers.I don't have a desire to look at Mozilla. I use kmeleon as another choice on these machines and that serves me well.