Social network bar on bottom of web pages

lewmur

I'm using Chrome with adblock plus but a fairly recent new annoyance has appeared. I click to read an article from a news site and it has a bar at the bottom of the page to "share" the article on about four different social networking sites. Facebook, Twitter etc. Anyone know how to get rid of this "feature". I find it annoying.

securitybreach

I'm using Chrome with adblock plus but a fairly recent new annoyance has appeared. I click to read an article from a news site and it has a bar at the bottom of the page to "share" the article on about four different social networking sites. Facebook, Twitter etc. Anyone know how to get rid of this "feature". I find it annoying.

That's actually part of the website and there isn't much you can do since the person who created the site enabled it.

Of course, you could block it with adblock. Right click the bar, and select Block Element.

You do realise that by attempting to block social media sites, men in white coats will arrive and carry you away for reprogramming. :devil:

• Like 2

Nice!

BTW ghostery is actually an ad company and it helps advertisers:

Millions of people use the tool Ghostery to block online tracking technology—some may not realize that it feeds data to the ad industry.

I stopped using it after I read that article back in 2013

they made a few changes since then and even so, i like the way they keep things quiet. sometimes a web site i really want to view forces me to disable NoScript but the Ghostery keeps it somewhat clean.

i have not had good overall luck with using AdBlock type software to do the hiding on sites that allow for https and http connections. plus harder to keep those rules up to date.