#1 OFFLINE   mac

mac

Topic Cop

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 754 posts

Posted 09 June 2017 - 11:17 AM

Outrageous!

He finished his senior year in December, then joined the Marines. He wore his dress uniform to the graduation, but was told he couldn't participate because he was wearing his uniform. What kind of message are we sending to our young people?

http://www.msn.com/e...juUP?li=BBnb7Kz
Mac
"Long ago, when men cursed and beat the ground with sticks,
it was called witchcraft. Today it's called golf." -- Will Rogers (1879-1935)

#2 OFFLINE   securitybreach

securitybreach

CLI Phreak

• Forum Admins
  • 23,042 posts

Posted 09 June 2017 - 11:24 AM

Well I understand as that is not what you are supposed to wear at graduation. If they allowed someone to wear something different than the traditional gown, then others would dress in all kind of outfits. You cannot change a rule for a single student. if anything, he was out of line for trying to wear his uniform when he knew that it was not proper attire.

Oh and from the article:

During practice, Principal Chip Pettit reportedly told Stanley that he was not allowed to wear his uniform at the weekend graduation. Stanley decided to wear his dress blues anyway.

Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image
CNI Radio/G+ Profile/Configs/PGP Key/comhack π

"Do you begin to see, then, what kind of world we are creating? It is the exact opposite of the stupid hedonistic Utopias that the old reformers imagined. A world of fear and treachery and torment, a world of trampling and being trampled upon, a world which will grow not less but more merciless as it refines itself. Progress in our world will be progress toward more pain." -George Orwell, 1984

#3 OFFLINE   LilBambi

LilBambi

Australisches Googler

• Forum Admins
  • 22,513 posts

Posted 09 June 2017 - 11:25 AM

Sad but true. Military has rules on public events too but I do not see why he couldn't put the cap and gown on over his uniform. Then take it off after the ceremony for family pictures if so desired.
Bambi
AKA Fran

Posted Image
My Public Key for Email :: BambisMusings Blog :: Fran's Computer Services Blog :: MyPassionIsBooks Blog :: 5BuckReview :: CNIRadio
"The Net interprets censorship as damage and routes around it." ~John Gilmore (Time Magazine, Dec 6, 1993)

#4 OFFLINE   securitybreach

securitybreach

CLI Phreak

• Forum Admins
  • 23,042 posts

Posted 09 June 2017 - 11:26 AM

View PostLilBambi, on 09 June 2017 - 11:25 AM, said:

Sad but true. Military has rules on public events too but I do not see why he couldn't put the cap and gown on over his uniform. Then take it off after the ceremony for family pictures if so desired.

Exactly, my point.
Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image
CNI Radio/G+ Profile/Configs/PGP Key/comhack π

"Do you begin to see, then, what kind of world we are creating? It is the exact opposite of the stupid hedonistic Utopias that the old reformers imagined. A world of fear and treachery and torment, a world of trampling and being trampled upon, a world which will grow not less but more merciless as it refines itself. Progress in our world will be progress toward more pain." -George Orwell, 1984

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users