Hijacked Brower Settings

Freddy

Ok, I admit it - I don't always read the eula on _all_ the apps I download, but tend to download only products that receive positive reviews, like the ones in Scott's newsletter. And now I'd like to undo some of the damage.My browser (IE v5.x) defaults to some search screen that is more annoying than helpful. The address bar displays "Enter keyword or address" after a page is loaded, which is annoying because I like to see the address of the page I'm viewing - especially when considering if the site is trustworthy.Any advice on how to reset these two features?

Run Ad-aware or Spybot - they should be able to identify it and remove it - hopefully that is. I know I have had good luck with those two programs getting rid of it.

Guest LilBambi

If SpyBot S&D and/or Ad-aware do not help for some reason, you could also try HiJackThis! (the link itself is to the spywareinfo.com site. The site provides good instructions on removal of hijacks, and general commentary about browser hijacks. There is a link to download HiJackThis! under #1 on the page).