Mozilla Firebird 0.6 released!

havnblast

Downloaded the nightly build and got 0.6 - is this the final release? The main site isn't reporting anything and I am running across other forums reporting 0.6 is officially released. You hear anything?? I like it and it is working great!! :(

I'm running the latest version also... it's been called 0.6 in the About section for a couple weeks now, so not sure... guessing that it might be as the new versions (last 2 days) have been running great! :( I'll report back when I find out more :(

Sweet - thanks for the linkI've been using a build from about a month go when it was still Phoenix and using the 0.6 tonight and it works great. This has become my main browser in all my Operating Systems.

:lol: Sorry Peachy - seen posts in the other forums that it was up, but the web page didn't state anything so I didn't know for sure, but GolfPro was able to confirm it - downloading the linux version as we speak. Download it last night for the work computer and will have to install it into my XP yet. It's all I use now - just love it.

Just installed the 0.6 this morning. I noticed something weird on my computer. Every time I move the scroll bar my CPU usage icon shoots up and then drops back down when I release. Is it just me? I seem to remember something about CPU usage somewhere but have been watching mine lately trying to figure out why my computer likes to hang at random times.

Just installed the 0.6 this morning.  I noticed something weird on my computer.  Every time I move the scroll bar my CPU usage icon shoots up and then drops back down when I release.  Is it just me?  I seem to remember something about CPU usage somewhere but have been watching mine lately trying to figure out why my computer likes to hang at random times.
You might want to remove the contents of the Firebird folder and run the installer again... Something might have gotten messed up during the download/reinstall. I'd download the Milestone installer and run that one (doesn't download on the fly like the nightly build version)... Might give you better results :lol:

The results are better. Now it spikes to 40% instead of 100%. The page file portion runs normal. It is all in the CPU Usage where I see the spikes. Normally it runs up to about 12 percent, but when I scroll it varies between 20 and 40% now.

That's weird... What Processor/RAM do you have? My Athlon XP2000 with 512mb of ram isn't chugging at all... I do notice some issues with scrolling on my work computer (Celeron 333), but that's typical with most browsers... Could be related to your video card having to handle too much stuff also...Did this just start with the new version? Had you noticed it before?

GolfPro and ThunderI completely deleted everything from the first few installs. I went through and looked for it all and dumped before reinstalling. This is an old P4 - 800 Mhz with 750 MB Ram. It has 32 MB SDRAM on the video card (a Magnum Xpert 128 (rage) card I believe). I have had a lot of chokes on the system lately. Usually I have lots of stuff open at once - word, pagemaker, photoshop, explorer, phoenix, etc. , but this time I just had the firebird open so I wondered about it. It also seems to choke when I go to start, my computer and then to a drive.I did a new profile again, and it is not any better. I know I am going to have to pass this one on to my husband soon but I want to muck it up with Linux for a while first. B) Thanks

Ok , guys and gals this is my first official post using, Mozilla FireBird :lol: and i have only one thing to say I Love it....................it just very near to explorer 6.0..........and better than it too..happy siurfing...........dudes........... :lol: