Photo

Mechanical keyboards for programmers and gamers

26 May 2018

Posted by abarbarian in Hardware
Input Club's mechanical keyboards aren't just about producing exceptional products. They're also proof that open source can solve any problem.

Open source software already powers most of the world, partially because it is free and mostly because it is so accessible. Under an open source system, the flaws and imperfections in every product can be observed, tracked, and fixed, much like the Japanese philosophy of "continuous improvement" known as kaizen, which is applied to every aspect of a process. By following these principles, we believe that the open hardware movement is poised to fundamentally change the global product economy.

At Input Club, we design and produce mechanical keyboards using this same philosophy and workflow, similar to how a person might develop a website or application. The design files for our keyboard frames and circuit boards are available via GitHub. The open source firmware, the Keyboard Layout Language (KLL), has contributors all over the world. This may seem like a standard process to people active in the open source community, but I assure you that it is not the norm when making keyboards.

More about the Input Club

https://input.club/product/

Input Club designs tools that allow you to interact with computers on a fundamentally new level. Our keyboards take away all the rules and allow you to type any way you like. We created an operating system that governs input called the Keyboard Layout Language to make sure you have complete control over your thoughts and ideas.

Our products are a new type of open hardware, one more aligned to the philosophy of our time. You own your keyboard, the design files for the hardware are freely available, the code behind the firmware is on Github, and we have a keyboard configurator that lets you decide what your keys do when you press them.
Our keyboards have a core philosophy that affects the features that we incorporate into our devices. We also have a working list of features that are planned for future products, but these are either in development or require more time to complete. You can sign up for our email list to be notified about our progress or you can contribute on Github.

This is a full size keyboard they have on offer, well more of a condensed full size,

https://kono.store/p...anical-keyboard

Kira is our finest full sized mechanical keyboard design. Angelo Tobias (thesiscamper) and Input Club collaborated to create Kira’s uniquely classy RGB aesthetic. Kira comes with a variety of mechanical switches including Input Club’s typist friendly Hako Switches as well as options from Cherry, Novelkeys, and Kaihua.

However this is the keyboard that caught my eye and am seriously thinking of buying one,

https://input.club/k-type/

Minimal Aluminum RGB Mechanical Keyboard

The K-Type is the most powerful keyboard we’ve ever created. Whether you play complex video games, despise Caps Lock, or simply want things to be organized your way, the K-Type has the ability to match your needs.
Standard Tenkey-less Layout
Fully Programmable
RGB Backlighting
Optimal Mechanical Switch Types
Open Source Software and Hardware
Machined Aluminum Frame
USB Type C Connector

They also do a dinky White Fox keyboard and a luverly wooden carry case for it. Too small for my digits and the case is sold out.

:breakfast:

87 Views · 6 Replies ( Last reply by goretsky )

Photo

Just wanted to say Hello

Yesterday, 09:09 PM

Posted by mhbell in Bruno's All Things Linux
It has been awhile since I last visited the Forum. Thought I would drop in and say Hello. I was wondering if anyone is still using SuSE. I used all of the commercial version until 10.1 I believe it was, when I gave it up for something else after a major crash. I downloaded the latest Leap 15 live KDE and it seems to run pretty good. I might give it a whirl just for something to play with. My main Distros are Mint Cinnamon and Debian with Cinnamon DE. I still play with Lubuntu and LXLE.
Mel

11 Views · 0 Replies

Photo

Back Up For W 10.

25 May 2018

Posted by JerryM in All Things Windows
What are you using for backing up W10 and making a system image? Prefer free, but if not too expensive will buy one. I like to make an image about every months.
I attempted to make one from the control panel but it evidently was meant for W7.
Many thanks, Jerry

77 Views · 8 Replies ( Last reply by raymac46 )

Latest Discussions

Site Navigation

Online Users

0 members, 55 visitors and 0 anonymous users

Google, Bing, Yahoo

Portal v1.1.0 by DevFuse | Based on IP.Board Portal by IPS