Login Manager question

amenditman

How do I get an on-screen keyboard at the login screen? This is for Linux on the HP TouchPad, but it should be a standard linux thing if it's possible.

I have Gnome 3, Enlightenment, LXDE, KDE Plasma installed and all have an on-screen keyboard.

But I need it at the login screen to be able to choose which Desktop Environment to load.

Any ideas?

Edited by amenditman

securitybreach
How do I get an on-screen keyboard at the login screen? This is for Linux on the HP TouchPad, but it should be a standard linux thing if it's possible.

I have Gnome 3, Enlightenment, LXDE, KDE Plasma installed and all have an on-screen keyboard.

But I need it at the login screen to be able to choose which Desktop Environment to load.

Any ideas?

Did you not already solve this on another form? The resason I ask is because I am also interested in the directions as I am setting up Arch again on my Touchpad now. Also you said that Enlightenment worked best on the Touchpad so if you do not mind, could you post a tutorial on setting it up and such?

So all we had to comment out the gnome entry and add the start_enlightment entry in ~/.xinitrc to autologin Enlightenment.

The line we had to add for Enlightenment was a little more detailed than one would expect.

exec <PATH to enlightenment folder>enlightenment_start

Found the info here, http://trac.enlightenment.org/e/wiki/Start...he_command_line

This solves the immediate problem of needing the on-screen keyboard at boot.

It does not solve the issues I am seeing once fully up and running.

It's hard to describe, but if I had to make a guess as to what is going on I would say that both Gnome 3 and Enlightenment are running at the same time. And they don't get along very well.

Edited by amenditman