10 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   L_P

L_P

Message Adept

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 05 April 2003 - 03:55 PM

I'm looking for a free program to monitor the cpu temp on my ECS mobo.I'm using MBM5 at the moment, but I'm not too happy with it.
Registered Linux User #401179

#2 OFFLINE   Dartrunner

Dartrunner

New Kid

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 April 2003 - 06:13 PM

L_P, on Apr 5 2003, 02:55 PM, said:

I'm looking for a free program to monitor the cpu temp on my ECS mobo.I'm using MBM5 at the moment, but I'm not too happy with it.
Did one come with your MB? Asus and Epox have some good ones on the CDs that come with them. I have tried MBM5 before and had some strange things happen when trying to run it with programs that use 100% of the CPU. Mostly games and benchmarking software, of which I wanted to see how my temps and voltages reacted under heavy loads.

#3 OFFLINE   LilBambi

LilBambi

Australisches Googler

• Forum Admins
  • 22,537 posts

Posted 05 April 2003 - 06:16 PM

http://www.motherboa...ews/1234_1.html Review of CPUIdle 6 and 6 Pro software cooling ($20 - Win95-ME, and $30 - WinNT-XP).  Older version 5.9 on the site for download too, doesn't look like there is a cost to the older version, just shows download links, no purchase links.Anybody else have any thoughts on this?
Bambi
AKA Fran

Posted Image
My Public Key for Email :: BambisMusings Blog :: Fran's Computer Services Blog :: MyPassionIsBooks Blog :: 5BuckReview :: CNIRadio
"The Net interprets censorship as damage and routes around it." ~John Gilmore (Time Magazine, Dec 6, 1993)

#4 OFFLINE   Bruno

Bruno

Le Professeur Pingouin

• Admin Emeritus
  • 37,904 posts

Posted 05 April 2003 - 06:25 PM

Have a look here: http://www.almico.com/speedfan.php

#5 Guest_ThunderRiver_*

Guest_ThunderRiver_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 April 2003 - 06:26 PM

I use SpeedFan to monitor my hard drive temperature, but it should display all the sensors on your mobo. Give it a try and it is FREE as well.

#6 Guest_ThunderRiver_*

Guest_ThunderRiver_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 April 2003 - 06:27 PM

onurb, on Apr 5 2003, 05:25 PM, said:

aha! You and I were thinking about the same thing at the same time :D

#7 OFFLINE   Bruno

Bruno

Le Professeur Pingouin

• Admin Emeritus
  • 37,904 posts

Posted 05 April 2003 - 06:51 PM

ThunderRiver: It looks like we are answering the same questions all over the board, (this was the third time)Greetings from Amsterdam to you ! ;) Bruno

#8 OFFLINE   L_P

L_P

Message Adept

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 05 April 2003 - 07:00 PM

Dartrunner, on Apr 5 2003, 05:13 PM, said:

L_P, on Apr 5 2003, 02:55 PM, said:

Did one come with your MB? Asus and Epox have some good ones on the CDs that come with them. I have tried MBM5 before and had some strange things happen when trying to run it with programs that use 100% of the CPU. Mostly games and benchmarking software, of which I wanted to see how my temps and voltages reacted under heavy loads.
Nope, this mobo didn't come with a program.  I have an Asus that came with Asus Probe, and I guess I'm spoiled by it.  ;) I also run UD (united devices cancer research) on the tower, and it uses 100 % of the cpu,  24/7.
Registered Linux User #401179

#9 Guest_ThunderRiver_*

Guest_ThunderRiver_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 April 2003 - 10:06 PM

onurb, on Apr 5 2003, 05:51 PM, said:

ThunderRiver: It looks like we are answering the same questions all over the board, (this was the third time)Greetings from Amsterdam to you ! :o Bruno
Hehe did you know that Steven Bink is also from Amsterdam? bink.nuAnyway, greeting from Ann Arbor Michigan USATwo days ago, it was sunny outside, and today it is snowy. What can I say?  :lol:

#10 OFFLINE   metnick

metnick

Contributor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 06 April 2003 - 12:07 AM

L_P,MBM 5    Find it at the link below.http://mbm.livewiredev.com/Mark

#11 OFFLINE   muckshifter

muckshifter

Topic Cop

• Members