Jump to content


Pci Card Opening In Case


  • Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Sluggo

Sluggo

    Message Adept

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 30 March 2003 - 06:57 PM

Hi all :rolleyes: Would anybody know what the proper name is for the covers (?) that are attached to the computer case with a screw (like a regular PCI card) that are used to seal up a blank\empty\not used anymore PCI slot in the case after a PCI card has been removed from a slot that the knockout was removed and possibly a site that carries them ? In other words, I need to seal up the opening in the case's rear panel after removing a PCI card that isn't needed any more. Thanks

#2 OFFLINE   Montana

Montana

    Contributor

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 30 March 2003 - 07:31 PM

Expansion slot covers. Before buying online I would check with nearby PC retail/repair stores to see if they have any extras on hand...they might give them to you for free.

#3 OFFLINE   zox

zox

    Multithreader

  • Forum MVP
  • 1,234 posts

Posted 31 March 2003 - 12:29 AM

Also, long shot maybe but if you search in your original motherboard or case box you might find it there.It was removed originaly by your PC assembler to put PCI card in there, I have all of them with every PC I purchased.You can also just ask some of your friends/coworkers if someone has one spare.If you were closer I would be able to provide you with some :)

#4 OFFLINE   greengeek

greengeek

    Forum Fiend

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 31 March 2003 - 12:41 AM

:) Didn't I answer this somewhere else?  If you want to move to Australia I have heaps of them to spare.Joy

#5 Guest_ThunderRiver_*

Guest_ThunderRiver_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 April 2003 - 02:09 AM

Hehe... duct tape does the trick ;)I am serious. I lost a couple of the PCI slot cover, so I had to use duct tape to cover it up. It works well, but I guess it will be a hassle to pull it off.Thunder

#6 OFFLINE   Sluggo

Sluggo

    Message Adept

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 01 April 2003 - 04:27 AM

zox, on Mar 30 2003, 11:29 PM, said:

Also, long shot maybe but if you search in your original motherboard or case box you might find it there.It was removed originaly by your PC assembler to put PCI card in there
The original covers were knockouts, not the reusable type and thus the reason for my question :(

zox, on Mar 30 2003, 11:29 PM, said:

If you were closer I would be able to provide you with some :lol:
Thanks, I appreciate the offer :D

greengeek, on Mar 30 2003, 11:41 PM, said:

:rolleyes: Didn't I answer this somewhere else?
I guess that we both know the best of the best to get an answer :)

greengeek, on Mar 30 2003, 11:41 PM, said:

If you want to move to Australia I have heaps of them to spare.
Thanks for the offer, that sounds like the perfect excuse to finally visit Down Under :)

ThunderRiver, on Apr 1 2003, 01:09 AM, said:

Hehe... duct tape does the trick ;)I am serious. I lost a couple of the PCI slot cover, so I had to use duct tape to cover it up. It works well, but I guess it will be a hassle to pull it off.
Yeah, I guess that it would :(:) Good news, I was able to find some at a local shop so thanks to all :)




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users