Problem accessing SecurityGarden

Guest LilBambi

Guest LilBambi

Interesting. Firefox 10 was able to load Security Garden with NoScripts, but Google Chrome was not able to do it with NotScripts. Just hangs. Blogger.com and Blogspot.com are allowed in the white list for NotScripts but it still won't load.

Weird.

Edit: hey, Steeler_fan here, just doing some housekeeping...

Just heard from another friend who has the same problem with Google Chrome but not IE9. I don't know if she uses NoScript but have asked.

Was there a recent update to Google Chrome?

Friend replied that she has Adblock Plus (Beta) 1.2 and can access other Blogger blogs. I don't use Google AdSense or any other ads so I'm not sure why she's having a problem. I asked my daughter who doesn't have either NoScript or AdBlock Plus installed and she has no problem reaching SecurityGarden.

Guest LilBambi

OK, I have disabled Adblock Plus (Beta), Cookie Manager, Flashblock and NotScripts for Google Chrome, and it still pukes, although it does show your header, and left sidebar. Shows nothing in the main content area at all. Even with all those things disabled. The only things left running are: Amazon WishList, Cubbi.es and WOT.

Obviously, the remaining three aren't the problem. Although with Adblock Plus (Beta) disabled, removing Tynt shouldn't be a problem, I removed that script anyway, which I was going to do because of the sale I learned about today: 33Across Expands Social Ad Targeting With Tynt Acquisition - Forbes

(Tynt provides a report of where your content is going -- i.e., content copy/pasted to other sites.)

Guest LilBambi

That is so weird. I even whitelisted your site in both Adblock Plus and NotScripts and still no good. Sheesh...

Good thing I use various browsers so I was able to use Firefox to look at it.

True, and the same was true for the other person who contacted me and accessed with IE.

I still need to track down what is happening. My daughter just confirmed she has no extensions installed on Chrome and she can access SecurityGarden. Whitelisting or disabling should be the same as Chrome without extensions.

Guest LilBambi

My Google Chrome is in Mac OS X 10.6.8 if that would be helpful.

My Debian Linux version of Google Chrome has same extensions and doesn't have the problem. It is not the very latest version though. It is version: 15.0.874.106. Think I will hold off on updating it until this is resolved.

No help from the Google Chrome forum but a friend took a look at my template. He had me add the following HTML in the head:

Previous tests at Webpagetest had the same results as LilBambi with no content when testing with Chrome. After making the above change, it is again loading with Chrome.

BTW, I checked and my help request is at the bottom of page 20 of 39 pages when sorting unanswered topics by date! Unbelievable! No sense leaving it in that long queue. I deleted it.