What are some time-saving tips that every Linux user should know?

securitybreach

securitybreach
Here is a selection of command-line tips that I've found useful when working on Linux. The emphasis is on somewhat less-known techniques that are generally important or useful to technical users. It's a bit long, and users certainly don't need to know all of them, but I've done my best to review that each item is worth reading in terms of projected time savings, if you use Linux heavily. To get more information on a command mentioned, first try "man ". In some cases, you must install a package for this to work -- try aptitude or yum. If that fails, Google it......

http://www.quora.com/Linux/What-are-some-t...ser-should-know

Nice bunch of tips, SB. But so many that if I try to remember all, my brain asplody! :wacko:

I tend to just look on the interwebz for commands I need if I don't know them, when I need them. I also just use GUI a lot.

I see some great links posted here and then I see some GREAT links posted here. Thanks for the link Josh, that one is a must for the bookmark. :thumbsup:

I have a file on my home drive called "Notes" I am constantly adding commands that I know I will not always remember. ;)

securitybreach
I see some great links posted here and then I see some GREAT links posted here. Thanks for the link Josh, that one is a must for the bookmark. :thumbsup:

I have a file on my home drive called "Notes" I am constantly adding commands that I know I will not always remember. ;)

:thumbsup:

V.T. Eric Layton

Next I'm going to find out that this bunny is some sort or underworld identity tool used by gay anonymous black hat hackers to recognize one another online. Myeh... what the hey. I'm not gay, though. I could be other things. :ph34r:

Next I'm going to find out that this bunny is some sort or underworld identity tool used by gay anonymous black hat hackers to recognize one another online. Myeh... what the hey. I'm not gay, though. I could be other things. :ph34r:

You have a cat at home and you just adopted a bunny in your sig. You could be accused of being one of these.