EVOLUTION v MOZILLA MAIL

kamicota

Can anyone show me the benefits of using EVOLUTION as against MOZILLA MAILColin  B)  :">
Nope! B) I use KMail. It's not cluttered up with a lot of things one never uses. Security-wise I don't recall them being any different.They just used to annoy me that there are so many Plugins / links on one page. :"> Not much help, Is it? :">

YEP David B) That's what I THOUGHT B) about EVOLUTIONFound that I could easily set up Mozilla Mail could NOT EvolutionTried with Kmail but did not ever get that set up either silly OLD :"> MOI hu???Colin :">

I think if you'd been a hardcore Outlook user in Windows, Evolution might be more familiar and provide features you may be comfortable with to help you make the transition from Win to Wing. Otherwise, mail clients are best (IMHO) the simpler they are. But for an Outlook-like scheduler/email client, Evolution is pretty nice.

YEP David  B) That's what I THOUGHT  :">  about EVOLUTIONFound that I could easily set up Mozilla Mail could NOT EvolutionTried with Kmail but did not ever get that set up either silly OLD  :"> MOI hu???Colin  :">
I Generally found the 'Wizards' in all of them to be a pain! :D I just used to click yep, yep, yep.... And then go to options and accounts and set it all up from there. Lot easier as the Wizards tend NOT to put things either in the right places or 'Move' on with only half the details completed! B) And you STILL have to do it anyway. :">

YEP YEP YEPThat's a MOI routine too BUT my account name is different to my user name = cdhall or kamicotaAnd LITTLE old MOI is easily distracted B) Colin B)

When you go to Setup KMail... The first option that it opens with is just the General user-global-account that CBBD and the likes of, looks for and uses.Click the Web (Globe) Icon and it takes you into where you add your accounts for POP, and SMTP..Should be easy for you from there, as both receiving and sending Tabs are up in the left-hand corner.When you finish one page... click the other tab and fill in the details etc. And click Apply.... OK to finish.And tommorrow you'll be here telling us how easy it was! B)

YEP YEP YEPThat's a MOI routine too BUT my account name is different to my user name = cdhall or kamicotaAnd LITTLE old MOI is easily distracted  B) Colin  :">
Yea! I was just going to write what was what here for you but it is difficult without it on front of me, and I know what you mean.The first entry (Default) you don't have to put anything there if you don't want to.It's only > click Globe Icon > click Add User that really matters.So try that. B)

HEY HEY HEY DAVIDI'M AN EXPLORER NOT A  B)  :">  :">  :"> SO IT'S gently gently  B) Colin the Mozilla Mail MAN  B)  :D  for now
Cross Posted. :( Ok Mozilla B) Man! :D Stick with that for now and all of these loose ends can be tied up one at a time in a MORE relaxed state, and a few pics can be posted if necessary. :) Me! I've had a shocking night and am going to lay down for a while.. :"> Colin......... I'm glad I kept your threads 'Live'. It's nice to see you winning. :(

What about these PIC's DavidYOU have ny CURIOSITY upENJOY the nap Colin  B)
Screen Shot's Old Timer. :"> One Pic worth a 1,000 words and either E'mailed to you or Posted to tinypic.com and linked here. :"> More than likely to tinypic. B) Yes, I'm away..... ZZZZzzzzzzzing

Colin,You've never seen or been involved in doing anything like this...??? We might have to teach you as it's sometimes a LOT easier than a lot of posting. ;) I'm in Mandrake now and this is My hard drive as it is at the Moment. (Ignore the 2nd Swap, That was SuSE doing it's thing). :rolleyes: The same can be done with Just about all of Drake and the 'Other' Distro's. :thumbsup:Just click the link.:D http://tinypic.com/pacue

YEP I seee that DavidMine has only three partitions for mandrtake, One for Medpis One for PCLos?? and one for downloads etcAnd if yoiu cane HELP this GREY MATTER of mine I'd love SEE what you are driving at :D Colin :rolleyes:

And if you can HELP this GREY MATTER of mine I'd love SEE what you are driving at  :(
Well, what I'm driving at is:Haven't you used or don't you know about HOW to take a snapshot (Picture) of what's on the screen in front of you.... And post it so that other's can see exactly what YOU have in front of you.Sometimes it's HARD to form a mental picture of what the other person is talking about. This overcomes that problem.Just say there was some doubt about how YOUR hard drive is Partitioned, and you were NOT sure yourself?I'd say "Colin! Send me a Snapshot" and then there would be NO DOUBT in my mind as to EXACTLY what it looks like.The same can be done for Just about EVERYTHING else.Do you remember that "FUNNY MANDRAKE" picture I posted that somehow looked like SimplyMepis... :rolleyes: :D That's what I did to 'GET the message across' in much the same way that Bruno B) gets the Mandrake Installation Instructions across. :D B) :D ;) :P

Minimize the Browser you are now in.Start a second Browser.In the 'Location' type http://tinypic.comAt the Website Click 'Browse'Find YOUR picture that you want to upload and Double-Click it.Click 'HOST IT" at tinypic and wait until it uploads and FOUR URL's will appear further down the screen.Cut the FIRST ONE ONLY and that should be just http://TINYPIC.COM/ (AND SOME CODE HERE).NOW close the bowser and re-open the one you minimized to get back to here,,,, and "Paste" the URL. It will then be a 'LIVE' link to YOUR picture.Colin, DO NOT POST ANY PICTURES TO TINYPIC.COM THAT WOULD IDENTIFY YOU! SUCH AS YOUR MAIL ADDRESS ETC! BECAUSE THERE IS NO WAY TO CANCEL THEM, AND THEY STAY THERE FOR ABOUT 30 DAYS AND ARE ACCESSIBLE TO ALL!.

Edited by Ozidave

Hey DavidI got the  :P  :D  B)  :rolleyes:  :D  ;)  :D about that especially after two glasses of merlot  :( Colin  B)
GREAT!! That's for the Merlot..... :w00tx100:NOW! the best place for the Snapshot Icon is of course in the ToolBar. :)Just Right-Click it and HOLD the Button down and DRAG the Icon to the ToolBar. Because any Snapshots you will want to take will always be ON-Top. ;)

The Pic will NOT right clickOKColin  :rolleyes:
:D ;) My left hand must have got crossed over with my right hand. :D B) Sorry Colin, I meant the Left Mouse Button. which is of course in my right hand. >_<and MORE.. :P :D B) For David. :( ;)