Regarding update notices....how is it possible?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   wa4chq

wa4chq

Message Mogul

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 435 posts

Posted 26 October 2017 - 09:08 AM

Greetings all....

On my spare laptop that's really only used for watching NetFlix disks and not connected to wifi, I keep seeing the notification box at boot time telling me I have updates.  It's gone from low-teens to over 400 now.  How and why am I getting the notifications when I'm not online?  Oh, forgot to mention I have MX-16 on the spare...

Thanks and have a great day.

Edited by wa4chq, 26 October 2017 - 09:09 AM.

Posted Image
REGISTERED LINUX USER #547579

#2 OFFLINE   securitybreach

securitybreach

CLI Phreak

• Forum Admins
  • 23,263 posts

Posted 26 October 2017 - 09:20 AM

Probably because when it was last online, it synced the package database and is telling you about the old updates that you never did.
Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image
CNI Radio/G+ Profile/Configs/PGP Key/comhack π

"Do you begin to see, then, what kind of world we are creating? It is the exact opposite of the stupid hedonistic Utopias that the old reformers imagined. A world of fear and treachery and torment, a world of trampling and being trampled upon, a world which will grow not less but more merciless as it refines itself. Progress in our world will be progress toward more pain." -George Orwell, 1984

#3 OFFLINE   wa4chq

wa4chq

Message Mogul

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 435 posts

Posted 26 October 2017 - 09:39 AM

Good morning SB....OK, it is possible I was getting connected to wifi about a month ago.....  I'm now in a marina that doesn't have open wifi so I'll note the number of updates and see if it remains the same.....  thanks!

Posted Image
REGISTERED LINUX USER #547579

#4 OFFLINE   securitybreach

securitybreach

CLI Phreak

• Forum Admins
  • 23,263 posts

Posted 26 October 2017 - 11:36 AM

No problem :)
Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image
CNI Radio/G+ Profile/Configs/PGP Key/comhack π

"Do you begin to see, then, what kind of world we are creating? It is the exact opposite of the stupid hedonistic Utopias that the old reformers imagined. A world of fear and treachery and torment, a world of trampling and being trampled upon, a world which will grow not less but more merciless as it refines itself. Progress in our world will be progress toward more pain." -George Orwell, 1984

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users