New Version of VideoLAN released

Tushman

Version 2.0 is hot off the press. (Actually it was released yesterday). I haven't upgraded this program in a while - I've been using 1.1.7?? for atleast a year or so and I just happened to check VideoLAN's website today to see what version they were now offering. I've got it installed and so far it's OK. Nothing really to get excited about in terms of performance. Memory usage is a bit higher than the previous version I was using by about 20 MB. For systems with ample RAM, this should not be of concern.

There's a tons of new features added in v2.0 - most of which I probably will never use. Video playback seems to be also on par with the previous version I was using. I may as well just go back to the version I had before upgrading.

I should also point out that the ability to 'click & drag' a video file onto the main interface has been removed. :angry: There could be a setting to re-enable that - but honestly I could care less about searching for it at this point. I'm just not impressed enough to keep 2.0 around for very long. I will 'test' drive it for another week or so - afterwards I'll re-evaluate my decision to ditch it.

You can download the latest version here.

Edited by Tushman

no "click & drag" with a fully installed version of VLC2 ???

that is a game stopper for me. I won't even bother with the portable version.

I don't know what happened between last night and today. But all of a sudden, I'm able to click & drag files onto the main interface. After installing version 2.0, I started it up and when it didn't work the first time, I quit the applic. and restarted it. Still nothing. Today after coming home from work, I decided to give it one last try and lo & behold - click & drag works.

Maybe Tushman can change his avatar to a guinea pig till done testing VLAN for us :whistling:

Sorry - but I'm no guinea pig. :D

pig-lipstick_0012.jpg

Edited by Tushman

• 3 weeks later...