Pepsi / iTunes Free Music Giveaway

Arena2045

Something interesting… as reported on a number of Mac News sites:

Source: MacMinute.com"About 20 teens sued by the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) for unauthorized music downloads will appear in Pepsi's upcoming Super Bowl ad, which will launch the 100 million song iTunes promotion on Feb. 1. The ad identifies the teens as a "few of the kids sued for downloading music free off the Internet," according to USA Today. Annie Leith, a 14-year-old from New York, appears with other downloaders in the ad, which features a special version of the 1966 Bobby Fuller Four hit "I Fought the Law" performed by Green Day. In the ad, Leith holds a Pepsi and says: "We are still going to download music for free off the Internet." Then the announcer says how: "Announcing the Pepsi iTunes Giveaway."
Anyway. So how many will go out and buy some Pepsi and try your luck at winning some free songs?I know that I won’t purposely go out and buy my favorite: Pepsi. However, I will make sure that I will pick a bottle offering the giveaway, the next time I go into a gas station or store.

Apple has updated their site for the Pepsi + iTunes music giveaway which officially started today. Even though the commercial hasn't run yet, Apple has posted it...:ermm: Pepsi + iTunes - "I Fought The Law" Super Bowl Ad:D Pepsi iTunes Music GiveawayRELATED NEWS::D [ News ] 10% off iPod : Apple Store, This weekend ONLY...

Edited by Arena2045

• 2 months later...
"Do you want to spend the rest of your life selling sugared water or do you want a chance to change the world?"Steve Jobs' to John Sculley, then a vice-president at Pepsi-Cola. Jobs was trying to lure Sculley to Apple to be the CEO of Apple.
I don't know, it just seemed kind of ironic.