Happy Birthday copyright

lewmur

A federal judge has finally invalidated the obscene copyright of "Happy Birthday". However, he did it on a technicality rather than on the fact that the law itself is unjust. But at least ASCAP will no longer be able to extort local clubs into paying exorbitant fees for promoting small bands just because someone sang "Happy Birthday".

• Like 2

A federal judge has finally invalidated the obscene copyright of "Happy Birthday". However, he did it on a technicality rather than on the fact that the law itself is unjust. But at least ASCAP will no longer be able to extort local clubs into paying exorbitant fees for promoting small bands just because someone sang "Happy Birthday".

Darn an I told folks not to sing that song on me burpday caus I didn't want em to break the law. Guess I have something to look forward to next year at least. blow%20out%20candles.gif

• Like 1

securitybreach

Darn an I told folks not to sing that song on me burpday caus I didn't want em to break the law. Guess I have something to look forward to next year at least. blow%20out%20candles.gif

:hysterical:

• 2 weeks later...
securitybreach

yes, that's good news.

also heard one of the biggest tech patent trolls had 76 cases thrown out of a pro-patent troll court this week.

Awesome!!! Link?

yes, that's good news.

also heard one of the biggest tech patent trolls had 76 cases thrown out of a pro-patent troll court this week.

Awesome!!! Link?

As to why Judge Gilstrap threw out the 168 cases, it boils down to the patent eDekka was wielding around and threatening everybody with: Patent No. 6,266,674 which, in the most general sense, describes a system for storing and retrieving information under user-defined labels.

http://bgr.com/2015/10/02/patent-troll-edekka-cases-thrown-out/

:clap:

• Like 2

securitybreach

As to why Judge Gilstrap threw out the 168 cases, it boils down to the patent eDekka was wielding around and threatening everybody with: Patent No. 6,266,674 which, in the most general sense, describes a system for storing and retrieving information under user-defined labels.

http://bgr.com/2015/...ses-thrown-out/

:clap:

Awesome news!!