Firefox Extensions Transfering

LoneWolfMage

LoneWolfMage

i checked the Mozilla Forums and something seems to not work right with the search unless i was putting in the wrong ParametersQuestion :i am currently running Firefox ( newest release) on a win Xp Home System...with mutiple user names on the system ( my self and one other )Firefox DID install on both user names but it appears that the Extenisons DID NOT " trickle down" ( so to speak ) to the NON admin account on the system ...I would like them to do so but cant seem to get a definate answer as to how to do so ..... since i know there are QUITE A FEW Firefox/Mozilla users ( which is one of the reasons i switched the system over from using IE as per recommendations of MANY Highlanders as well as other forums )I figured it would ask here and at those and see if some one has ran into the same problem and how they solved it smile.gifi seem to get better tesults if i ask in a "community " like this rather that other places :)Thanks for any help in advanceLone Wolf :thumbsup:

Edited by LoneWolfMage

Hi, LoneWolfMage. I located this information here.

If you installed those extensions globally, they should work.If you installed them only to your current Firefox profile,  you will have to do this to use your present Firefox profile as the default with your non-administrator MSW XP profile:If you installed them only to your current Firefox profile, you will have to do this to use your present Firefox profile as the default with your non-administrator MSW XP profile: 1. Log in with your non-admin account 2. Go to Start: Run (or make a new shortcut) 3. Enter "%ProgramFiles%/Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe" -p 4. Click Create Profile 5. Enter the location of your present profile folder is (probably C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\Default User\)You could also create a link on your desktop directly to the profile you want to use (i.e.: type "%ProgramFiles%/Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe" -p "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\Default User\" ).Alternatively you make a shortcut directly to
Edited by Corrine

LoneWolfMage

welll .. i did manage ( after a few days ) to get things tranfered .. seeing as tho all i wanted was the extensions as some others (not necessaraily here ) had told me to just "transfer the contents of the profile folder from the default to the new profilewell i figured IF i went that way .. i would transfer NOT ONLY the extenstions but the Book marks and what not ...SO what i DID ultimately end up doing is kinda a combination of what was suggested here ,,, as well as at other foums that i asked this questionI created a NEW profile under the NON admin account on the puter ...THEN i wen Extension By extension on the ADMIN account on puter and look up whjat was available for a "home page" for the extensions" and then transfered them to my flash drive ...rebooted to the non admin account .. and installed them from my flash drive to mozilla profile for the non admon account do THAT WAY ... EVERYTHING is independant and no risk at all of the NON admin having acess to the book marks from the admin account ..YES it was tedious but well worth the effort ..i was more so wondering if there was an easier and more sceure way of transfering things over ... for instance just finding the files that refrence the extensions and then copy/pasting them to an outside media then re installing them ...but i DID look for the file extensions on my puter under the admin account and "showing all files and folders" in "folder options " and didnt find a specific refrence to the extensions them selves ...OH its done and i thank you for your suggestions

LoneWolfMage

zlim~yes that was what most of the suggestions that i got adviswd was to "back up " the exisiting profile and use it to transfer to the new profile ...HOWEVER from what i ALSO was able to find thru a differnt link ( dont have it handy right now ) was that the profile ALSO has your bokomarks in it .. and i DID NOT want the person on the non admin account to have acess to MY Bookmarks ...HENCE the reason i went the route i did ...so NOW i CAN take each individual profile and save them and they will be independant of each other ...maybe it sounds like im talkin in circles BUT thats what i assumed would happen if i just took the existing profile and copied it into a NEW profile ...just found the link that refrences what is kept in the profile folder FF Profile Contents?Link found Via Corrine's link she gave me from the Mozilla Forums