- Computers have become smaller, way more powerful, more common, and more interconnected. That much is obvious.
- Computing has gone from a batch to an always-on continuous experience.
- Users have become way less technical and far more numerous.
- The biggest game changer has been the Internet - particularly the Web.
- The use one makes of a computer has changed drastically. In 1968 I was calculating ultraviolet wavelength transformations, today I'm watching YouTube.
- Hardware - faster, better, more common, smaller, connected.
- Users - more of them, dumber.
- Uses - less technical, more trivial - although they are still useful tools in science and business.
Edited by raymac46, 06 August 2018 - 09:56 AM.