Photo

Microsoft puts the kibosh on its GigJam work collaboration app

Today, 12:48 PM

Posted by Computerworld in Computerworld News

Microsoft is shutting down a work collaboration application it has been piloting over the past year, saying only that it learned a lot from the project and that the experience would help it with future products.

In a blog post, Microsoft stated simply "after careful consideration, we've decided to retire the GigJam Preview on September 22, 2017."

The GigJam application allows users to share information with others in real time, allowing co-workers to make changes or annotations that the entire group can then see.

To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here

View the full article

5 Views · 0 Replies

Photo

Dell Latitude XT2

Today, 12:24 PM

Posted by V.T. Eric Layton in Hardware
Posted Image

This little guy was bestowed upon me by a friend the other day. It's in excellent condition; is actually running currently with Win Vista. Of course, it will get Slackified pretty soon. ;)

19 Views · 1 Replies ( Last reply by securitybreach )

Photo

When will your phone get Android 8.0? A data-driven Oreo upgrade guide

Today, 12:15 PM

Posted by Computerworld in Computerworld News

With Google's Android 8.0 Oreorelease now officially out in the wild, the question on everyone's mind is: When will my phone get the upgrade?

It's a common question here in the land o' Android — and unfortunately, it's become a tough one to answer. After years of missed deadlines and broken promises, most Android manufacturers have just stopped making specific commitments altogether. (Hey, that's one way to handle it, right?) And most of 'em, as I've learned from closely tracking upgrade delivery performance since Android's earliest days, do a pretty shoddy job at getting new software into users' hands.

To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here

View the full article

6 Views · 0 Replies

Latest Discussions

Site Navigation

Online Users

1 members, 41 visitors and 0 anonymous users

Digerati, Yahoo, Bing, Google

Portal v1.1.0 by DevFuse | Based on IP.Board Portal by IPS