A New Scot's Newsletter Forums MVP - ichase

V.T. Eric Layton

V.T. Eric Layton

Please join us in welcoming ichase (Ian) to the ranks of Scot's Newsletter Forums MVPs. Ian will now be illegible for Free Pizza Fridays* and will receive the super-secret SNF decoder ring^ (once the factory in China starts production again).

Congratulations, Ian... well-deserved!

~Staff, Scot's Newsletter Forums

*Pizza is virtual, so no calories or guilt

^It is not advised that you use your decoder ring to create passwords for Internet use

Thank you all so much for this honor. Not knowing what to say but that I am truly touched. When Liz (Zlim/Plodr) sent me the link to SNLF/BATL I quickly realized what a great and special group of people were here. It was more then just a forum about computers and operating systems but a place where even when you personally felt dumb for not knowing something, you were never treated like a dummy. I have learned so much from many of you and not one time was I ever told to read the fine manual. ;)

I can list the many on here that have made my journey with Linux much more enjoyable than I could have ever imagined. You all know who you are. ;) Not to mention the ones who have assisted me with Windows head scratching issues as well.

I hope that I can continue to be worthy of this honor.

All the best to you all,

Ian

securitybreach

This is a well deserved honor Ian!! You have helped many other users along your Linux path and have always posted friendly and helpful posts. Keep up the great work Ian, we appreciate it. :thumbup:

V.T. Eric Layton

Relax. No need to strive for continued worthiness. You're a made man now. No MVP status has ever been revoked at Scot's. We may take away your decoder ring, though... once you actually get one. They've been on backorder for two years now. It's Temmu's fault. ;)

That's awesome bro. Ian gave me the push to give Linux a shot and has been there for all of my catastrophies. He should also be classified as a Master Recruiter.

securitybreach

That's awesome bro. Ian gave me the push to give Linux a shot and has been there for all of my catastrophies. He should also be classified as a Master Recruiter.

Indeed :thumbsup:

Since I cant start a new thread I mght as well put it here and it would seem fit because Ian got me into installing Linux and checking this forum out.

First of just wanted to introduce myself. I'm Hoss. I convinced me to join the Dark Side and install Linux Mint on my computer and forced me to join this forum haha. I'm new to all this but I am willing to learn, so please be patient if I have a lot of questions that may seem really simple to everyone, but Ian gave me the word that you guys are very helpful and patient. So I am really looking forward to chatting with you guys in the future.

Again Congrats to Ian.

securitybreach

Welcome to the forums Hoss, glad to have you here!!

We were all beginners at one point or another so there is no such thing as "dumb" questions. Ask all the questions you like, we are more than happy to help out fellow penguins (and we have some great folks to help out with those other OSs as well) ;)

Once again, welcome to the forums. :thumbup:

V.T. Eric Layton

Hey, Hoss...

Welcome to the best little forum this side of the Pecos! By the way, Hoss Cartwright/Dan Blocker was a favorite of mine as a child. Which reminds me... you need an avatar:

hoss%2Bcartwright.jpg

:)

Everywhere at Scot's Newsletter Forums you'll find helpful and friendly folks. Even though I wrote THIS regarding Bruno's All Things Linux, the same attitude toward folks who need assistance and education applies in any section of this board.

Have fun learning stuff! :w00t:

~Eric

• Like 1

securitybreach

Even though I wrote THIS regarding Bruno's All Things Linux, the same attitude toward folks who need assistance and education applies in any section of this board.

Exactly!! :thumbup:

Hoss,

Glad to see you made it. You are in the right place to make your transition to Linux as smooth and most importantly FUN as possible. As mentioned, don't be afraid to ask questions. Eric said it best, we were all new to Linux at one time or another and trust me, the learning NEVER ends.

V.T. Eric Layton

Eric said it best, we were all new to Linux at one time or another...

Ummm... Josh said that, not me. ;)