The Blue Screen of Death on Linux at last.

abarbarian

The Blue Screen of Death is a common occurrence on Windows systems, less now than a few years ago, but it still happens. Seeing one on a Linux system is like spotting a unicorn, not impossible, but highly unlikely.

http://linux.softpedia.com/blog/Here-s-a-BSOD-Error-on-Linux-Thank-You-AMD-Radeon-478482.shtml?utm_content=buffer503d7&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Just for those of you that thought the day would never come. Ha ha . :tease:

• Like 1

securitybreach

Well he was using beta drivers and ubuntu, so understandable. That and unlike a window's BSOD, he could of simply switched to another TTY and fixed the issue.

Hedon James

i need more "proof"...was he REALLY using Linux when it happened, or is it just a picture of a BSOD that he claims was induced on Linux? Also, can't rule out the possibility of Photoshop. Ironically, this would PROVE he's wrong, as Linux users don't Photoshop, we GIMP! o:)

Edited by Hedon James
  • Like 1

securitybreach

i need more "proof"...was he REALLY using Linux when it happened, or is it just a picture of a BSOD that he claims was induced on Linux? Also, can't rule out the possibility of Photoshop. Ironically, this would PROVE he's wrong, as Linux users don't Photoshop, we GIMP! o:)

I was thinking the same thing.

I could create a mockup like his in minutes B)

• Like 1

Really like this post abarbarian :thumbup:

Twisted part is I started on a 500mhz with 128mb ram and learned with Windows 98. I used to hate the blue screen of death.

Because I didn’t know what it meant or how to fix it. Then I became a comptia certified technician. And learned how to fix and

build the systems. Now looking at that makes me miss it a little. And that is way twisted! But then again the people I hung out with

at yahoo groups reboot your PC, said half the fun was fixing them. Thank you for posting this abarbaria. I am smiling real big over here.

And OMG securitybreach they do have a BSOD for ubuntu!

http://linuxers.org/tutorial/blue-screen-death-screensaver-linux

• Like 2

Funny this topic should come up ,as I have just put together a tower to run Audacity. The only drive I could find in the junk was a 98 Fujitsu 20Gb.

When I got it all together and the OS on . I put it in the recording booth .

It sounded like a motorbike :hysterical: But it still worked . Absolutely no use for purpose :'(

Actually the worst is the Linux Blank Screen of death. You get it by installing the encrypted drive option, then select a Nvidia video driver and reboot into darkness. :o

• Like 2

securitybreach

Actually the worst is the Linux Blank Screen of death. You get it by installing the encrypted drive option, then select a Nvidia video driver and reboot into darkness. :o

I am confused as I never ran across this back when I was running nvidia cards. I guess it would depend on which version of encryption you were using. Back then I was using TrueCrypt but now I use Radeon cards and dm-crypt with LUKS.