Photo

IDG Contributor Network: Great plan, Twitter: ‘Let’s resurrect an

Today, 08:31 AM

Posted by Computerworld in Computerworld News

TweetDeck was one of the greats.

Back in 2010 and 2011, I used the app as a dashboard for monitoring tweets. It was useful because it showed panels for each person, and I could run it easily in a tab. At one time, it also connected to services like LinkedIn and Facebook. Even back then, I used another app called Sprout Social to manage my social media, and eventually TweetDeck fell off my radar.

Now, there’s news that Twitter -- which acquired the company back in 2011 -- has plans to revive the app and even offer a paid version for advanced users.

To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here

View the full article

0 Views · 0 Replies

Photo

Twitter considers enhanced version of TweetDeck for professionals

Today, 06:36 AM

Twitter is surveying users to check their interest in an enhanced version of its TweetDeck product, raising the possibility that the company is considering a paid version of its service.

The move by Twitter comes in the wake of its almost flat revenue growth and a lackluster increase in the number of its users in the fourth quarter in comparison to the company's social networking peers like Facebook.

A subscription-based version of its service would be in line with the strategies of some other Internet services like Microsoft-owned LinkedIn, which offer additional features to paid users.

Twitter said in an emailed statement that it is conducting a survey "to assess the interest in a new, more enhanced version" of TweetDeck, the application for power users of Twitter that lets people monitor multiple timelines in one interface, manage multiple accounts and schedule tweets for posting later.

View the full article

0 Views · 0 Replies

Photo

Uber finally agrees to reveal diversity data

Today, 06:26 AM

Uber Technologies has agreed to provide next month its diversity data, which it had earlier declined to make public.

Representatives of the ride hailing company will disclose the information at the PUSHTech2020 summit on April 19 in Silicon Valley.

The move comes at a time when the company has run into a number of controversies, including sexual harassment  charges leveled by a former employee, the exit of some key executives and a lawsuit from self-driving car rival Waymo.

The announcement follows a meeting Thursday between Uber CEO Travis Kalanick and civil rights leader the Rev. Jesse Jackson, founder and president of the Rainbow Push Coalition, which has been demanding higher representation for minorities in tech companies.

View the full article

0 Views · 0 Replies

Latest Discussions

Site Navigation

Online Users

0 members, 55 visitors and 0 anonymous users

Google, Bing, Yahoo

Portal v1.1.0 by DevFuse | Based on IP.Board Portal by IPS