Tapatalk?

bjf123

Any chance we could get Tapatalk installed here? I do a lot of my forum browsing on my iPad and that plug in makes it much easier on those forums that have it installed. I can see all of them in one app, read and respond to posts, create new threads, etc. It works great. Just a thought.

Guest LilBambi

As I say, we don't usually use third party apps, only things built into the forum software by IPBoard.

But after the updates, and after we have had a chance to research it more, hard to say.

V.T. Eric Layton

That's your ball of wax. I've never even heard of the app. However, we may need to move into the new millennium, I think, app-wise.

Guest LilBambi

Maybe, maybe not. We'll see. Security first. Depends on how well written the app is security wise. Third party apps can be a real problem at times. Just have to see. And we don't know if it would work well with our host either.

And I don't like the idea of having to install an app for the forums for this functionality. We have iOS apps to read read/write to/from web2.0 applications like blogs, forums, etc. without having to install something on the the web2.0 system itself. Should be able to do it all from the client side.

As an FYI, it's installed on the forums of all NFL teams. We'll let me say that it's on the handfull I checked, but as tight as the NFL is with things, I'm making the jump to it being on all of them, without actually checking all 32. It's also installed on number of tech related forums, Porsche Club of America, etc.

• 2 years later...

*bump*

I'm a active tapatalk user on my phone and really miss this forum in there. That's one of the reasons why i'm not so active as I want to be.

So any news about this?

Guest LilBambi

Sorry, this can not be instituted on our forums.

They should make an app for Android and iOS, etc. instead of making forums install 3rd party plugins on the forums themselves. It is a potential risk we are not willing to take.

Yes, I know lots of other forums are doing it.