You wanna buy/acquire Mandriva Linux?

striker

Mandriva Linux is for sale. Again...http://www.mandrivalinux-online.org/news/n...st-a-vendre.php :"> You didn't think I'm going to feed you all of this on a silver plate, did you? Run it through Google translate and see if you have enough money at the bank. I sure have some but not enough. :( There's also a German article for those of you able to read it:http://www.heise.de/newsticker/meldung/Man...auf-996961.htmlIn short it comes down to these (acc. to heise.de) :1. mandriva seems to have financial problems again.2. there are two interested parties: LightApp (offers Software as a Service), http://www.lightapp.com/ and the other one: Linagora (a big french open source service provider), http://www.linagora.com/The latter acknowledged to heise.de to be talking with Mandriva about a share of the parts. :whistling:

Mmm, I don't know Sue. I've got € 50 spare right now, together we could offer something around $ 79 I think.Anybody else ?

This can't be good. Mandriva is the only distro that runs flawlessly[1] on all four of the computers that are important to my activities of daily living. I don't want change.(Fades into a reverie....)

Mandriva Enterprises, LLCJ. Edward Eggdog,President for Life

[1] OK, not flawlessly on all four of them. Superbly. I can get down with superbly.

Well, I went on the French web site. This is what I saw: Accueil Erreur 404 Erreur 404Erreur 404La page que vous demandez n'existe pas !__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________Je pense bien que quelqu'un a demarre la page. Elle n'est par la.From my end, it looks like someone took down that French page. At least from my end I got an error 404. I was able to get on the Forums, and that worked okay.Cheers1

securitybreach

Yeah I know what you mean. I am always saying that there is not enough hours in the day and I only sleep for five hours a night. Now if I could just go without sleep and still be functional, I might actually catch up on all of the things I want to do.

Well, Hopefully Mandriva will continue on....It will be sad if they go away...but then again I think more of this is coming(not just Mandriva)

Yep, I sure would hate to see them go away. It was one of the first distros I used way back then when it was still named Mandrake Linux.

Yeah, It's my main distro, has been since that fateful day Bruno said..."Hey Barry, the village is looking for their idiot..why don't you try a distro even YOU can use".. :thumbsup: and introduced me to Mandrake. But as a distro it it fine...their business side always seems to have been weak..and an issue. :thumbsup:

securitybreach
Yep, I sure would hate to see them go away. It was one of the first distros I used way back then when it was still named Mandrake Linux.
My first distro was also Mandrake, version 8.2, back in 2002. Of course, I only used it for a short while before moving to Slackware but it was my first distro and I would hate to see anything happen to it.

jmjlinux586

Hello,Here is a link in EnglishI agree with Eggdog

This can't be good. Mandriva is the only distro that runs flawlessly[1] on all four of the computers that are important to my activities of daily living. I don't want change.
I don't want to change either.

securitybreach

Thanks Jim :thumbsup:

Luckily, this is an open source company, so the Mandriva distribution will still be developed by the community no matter what the corporate future brings.

Actually .... my very first venture into the world of Linux .... was Red Hat ... think it was version 5.2 or something like that ... then came Mandrake 7.2 ... I believe .... would this be called .. "evolution"Oh .. BTW ... still have not got it figured out on the transfer of files in my other thread ...

Mmm, thinking of it... whatever happens to it, and we all hope nothing bad distro wise, but say it would actually cease to exist. I can't imagine that yet, but let's presume it would: what's holding us to still run the MDV we have now and like so much? I think nothing at all. :thumbsup:

Actually was thinking the same thing...If I had to change it would be opensuse or maybe fedora......maybe even.....Kubuntu...(well maybe not) :hysterical: ..or I'd go with mandriva til I couldn't go no more

Well ... at the moment ,, more or less using PCLOS ... so don't think it would have much adverse effect .. but .. for sure fact ... not going into the family of "buntu" they cause way to much grief .. probably do Debian or Slackware ...