Zenithink ZT280 C71 (KDE Spark Tablet)

securitybreach

securitybreach

I just received my Zenithink ZT280 C71 which is the tablet that will be used in the upcoming KDE Spark Tablet. I understand that it does not have as high of specs as my Touchpad but it is a great pocket device and once Spark is released, I will have a fully supported Linux OS on the tablet. Not a bad tablet for $120.

http://www.thepowerbase.com/2012/03/get-a-...blet-right-now/

http://www.zenithink-zepad.com/zenithink-c...pc-4gb-red.html

• 7" Capacitive Screen
  • Android 4.0.3
  • CORTEX A9 1GHz
  • 512MB DDR
  • 4GB (installed a 16gb microsd class 10)
  • 1*USB 2.0 Host port
  • 1*USB 2.0 OTG port
  • 1*HDMI output
  • 1*TF card slot

12b002180887464.jpg 86f5c3180887204.jpg b74d1c180887222.jpg 677b11180887241.jpg 478e44180887257.jpg 644c57180887281.jpg

A review will be available soon as I am still setting it up and customizing the device.

securitybreach

I actually just sold it to a coworker for $170 $175. I could not resist the offer, oh well.

I may buy another one or wait on something better. I was not too impressed by the tablet besides the price. I do have my Touchpad though and I would not sell it for $300 B)

Wow, was supposed to be 1ghz and sent you 800mhz? That stinks!

Yes, I agree. Love that movie.

All of the Chinese manufacturers do the same thing. It is an ARM CPU rated for 1ghz but they clock it at 800mhz because it increases the battery life significantly. There are dozens of Android tablets covered in the XDA Developers forums and the vast majority of them use this same chipset and clock it a 800mhz. And, yes, they all advertise it as "a 1ghz CPU". One of the first things techies who buy them do is to flash new ROMs that have CPU clock regulating software to speed up the clock under heavy usage and slow it down under lighter usage.

Edited by lewmur

securitybreach

I understand that as I have installed multiple roms and overclock all my devices. The problem was there was hardly any development and the highest you could clock it was 900Mhz with a custom kernel. There were not any roms available either.