Testing another image site

zlim

Does this show?

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/YfmA4"><a href="//imgur.com/YfmA4"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

No and it doesn't give bb code. grrrr

How about this?

http://imgur.com/a/YfmA4

doesn't allow img tags grrrr

Nother site - shows too small.

cafpbig.gif

Copied the thumbnail, duh!

cafpbig.gif

Edited by zlim

abarbarian

Does this show?

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/YfmA4"><a href="//imgur.com/YfmA4"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

No and it doesn't give bb code. grrrr

How about this?

http://imgur.com/a/YfmA4

doesn't allow img tags grrrr

Nother site - shows too small.

cafpbig.gif

Copied the thumbnail, duh!

cafpbig.gif

If you have not logged in to Imgur and just uploaded a picture from the opening page you can get links for shareing but you need to make a couple of clicks as they have changed the site a little.

vFwYX9U.jpg

:breakfast:

Last year I stopped using Walagata when I was locked out after paying for 1 year days before it was due. I won't go back there.

I then started using ImgBam and was very happy with it. I went yesterday and discovered they are shutting down on June 30th so I pulled off all my images and merged what I needed with the Walagata folder that is sitting on my desktop.

Most of the forums I go to allow me to upload any picture as an attachment so storing online and hotlinking is no longer needed. Scot's is the exception.

All I wanted was to replace my signature from the ImgBam site to another one before my sig goes AWOL.

Using FF instead of Palemoon

2QIkseT.gif

I fired up FF to see and the site (imgur) looked different. That happens at times.

I figured out I need to right click, select "view image" and I get a different url with the correct extension.

I can put tags around that.

Addressing

frapper

Just take the direct link,
The problem was no one explained how to get this "direct link". I had to stumble around, unlike other sites to figure out what to do to get a usable link with an extension.

Eric

Imgur gives you the BBCode link right on their site
Wrong. For those not having an account and trying to do one simple paste, no code shows - ever. Go to the site, don't log in and you'll see what I mean.

Erik

you can get links for shareing
Unfortunately, after you move away from the page, there is no place to click to get anything resembling sharing.

You go here https://imgur.com/a/YfmA4 and try to click and see if you can get a sharing link.

OeSsNhB.jpg

RMJ8dbu.jpgqqVKdfs.jpg

Edited by zlim

2QIkseT.gif

Right click "Copy image address" Post here using the image icon. I do this with Photobucket as well.

Edited by raymac46

V.T. Eric Layton

This is what my Imgur page looks like when I select a pic from one of my albums. Note all the links methods to the right.

6JRUbAF.png

2QIkseT.gif

Right click "Copy image address" Post here using the image icon. I do this with Photobucket as well.

Zlim like raymac46 says, Right click "Copy image address",,,,,,,,, an here it is ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,https://i.imgur.com/2QIkseT.gif. o:)

I figured out right click - read post #5 BEFORE anyone thought to mention it.

At ImgBam, the site generated the code as soon as an image was uploaded. I didn't have to do any clicking to see the code.

Eric, I DON'T want to create an account and login at Imgur. As I mentioned, Scot's is the only site that doesn't allow me to attach an image stored on my pc and requires me to put it somewhere.

Since image hotlinking sites keep going down and I waste time moving images back and forth between sites and my computer, I prefer to store them locally.

V.T. Eric Layton

I see...

However, Imgur is probably the best image server that I've ever used. Their customer support is second to none. Nice folks!

Well I seem to be a bad omen. I join a site and it goes down. So, in order to keep it working for those who signed up, I won't sign up. :whistling:

• Like 2