Photo

A Roof Over My Head

10 Aug 2018

The houses in my neighborhood are getting close to 15 years old now and the roofs are starting to go bad. They weren't the best quality to start with and many were installed in cold weather. Our roof was curling badly on the south side.
My next door neighbor met a local roofer at a home show. He seemed quite responsible, his pricing was reasonable and he uses good quality materials. My neighbor decided to go with him, and thanks to neighbor's legwork in sourcing him, we did too.
He did a fine job and now we are set with a much better roof.
Well, the roofer now has completed his 9th roof in the 'hood in the past 2 months, and he has another 3 booked. Looks like my neighbor did him quite a favor - not to mention us.

194 Views · 6 Replies ( Last reply by raymac46 )

Photo

Linux Counter

10 Aug 2018

Posted by ebrke in Bruno's All Things Linux
Bruno always reminded us to update our LinuxCounter account each year. Just did mine.

200 Views · 12 Replies ( Last reply by zlim )

Photo

Dropbox dropping "uncommon" filesystem support on November 7 2

10 Aug 2018

Posted by Fuddster in Bruno's All Things Linux
And by "uncommon" they mean anything other than ext4:

Hi everyone, on Nov. 7, 2018, we’re ending support for Dropbox syncing to drives with certain uncommon file systems. The supported file systems are NTFS for Windows, HFS+ or APFS for Mac, and Ext4 for Linux.

We’ve updated our desktop requirements accordingly here.

A supported file system is required as Dropbox relies on extended attributes (X-attrs) to identify files in the Dropbox folder and keep them in sync. We will keep supporting only the most common file systems that support X-attrs, so we can ensure stability and a consistent experience.

If you received a notification, but are running one of the supported file systems, it's possible that you may have recently had a computer linked that was running an unsupported file system but have been since upgraded, or that computer is no longer being used.

Hope this helps to clarify matters!

[Source]

125 Views · 4 Replies ( Last reply by Fuddster )

Latest Discussions

Site Navigation

Online Users

1 members, 51 visitors and 0 anonymous users

Google, Bing, securitybreach

Portal v1.1.0 by DevFuse | Based on IP.Board Portal by IPS