96 replies to this topic

#26 OFFLINE   abarbarian

abarbarian

Thread Kahuna

• Forum MVP
  • 5,616 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 04:04 PM

View Postsecuritybreach, on Jan 17 2011, 04:36 PM, said:

I know you followed the wiki to the "t" but they may have missed something as well. I have found numerous posts in the Arch forums and elsewhere but nothing really popped out to me while looking over your config and .xinitrc file.
Oh I've been dropping me 'T's" all me life so a lost and lonely "t" would not suprise me.This output might suprise you though,[root@myhost ~]# cat /var/log/slim.log | tailEEEK using shared already!!EEEK using shared already!!EEEK using shared already!!EEEK using shared already!!EEEK using shared already!!EEEK using shared already!!EEEK using shared already!!EEEK using shared already!!EEEK using shared already!!EEEK using shared already!![root@myhost ~]#  :yes:
Install ARCH
You'll never need to install it again
"I did and I'm really happy"

Posted Image~~~~~~~~~~~~~Posted Image

#27 OFFLINE   securitybreach

securitybreach

CLI Phreak

• Forum Admins
  • 23,837 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 04:16 PM

It actually says "EEEK using shared already!!"??? :wacko: :wacko:
Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image
CNI Radio/G+ Profile/Configs/PGP Key/comhack π

"Do you begin to see, then, what kind of world we are creating? It is the exact opposite of the stupid hedonistic Utopias that the old reformers imagined. A world of fear and treachery and torment, a world of trampling and being trampled upon, a world which will grow not less but more merciless as it refines itself. Progress in our world will be progress toward more pain." -George Orwell, 1984

#28 OFFLINE   securitybreach

securitybreach

CLI Phreak

• Forum Admins
  • 23,837 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 04:23 PM

OK, I think I may have to install SLiM and use your configuration file to try to duplicate the problem because this is driving me nuts as well  :hysterical:Ahh that is an error from Enlightenment: http://webcache.goog...r...=clnk&gl=usNo wonder it was wacky sounding.So the log was not much help either  :wacko:

"Do you begin to see, then, what kind of world we are creating? It is the exact opposite of the stupid hedonistic Utopias that the old reformers imagined. A world of fear and treachery and torment, a world of trampling and being trampled upon, a world which will grow not less but more merciless as it refines itself. Progress in our world will be progress toward more pain." -George Orwell, 1984

#29 OFFLINE   securitybreach

securitybreach

CLI Phreak

• Forum Admins
  • 23,837 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 04:27 PM

Could you post the entire /var/log/slim.log, since the error is not at the end of the file?

#30 OFFLINE   securitybreach

securitybreach

CLI Phreak

• Forum Admins
  • 23,837 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 04:38 PM

I see you posted at the Archlinux forums, good!!! Maybe someone can tell us whats going on https://bbs.archlinu...c.php?id=111872 B)Also, you may want to post your /etc/slim.conf as they will need it to troubleshoot.

#31 OFFLINE   abarbarian

abarbarian

Thread Kahuna

• Forum MVP
  • 5,616 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 04:46 PM

View Postsecuritybreach, on Jan 17 2011, 05:16 PM, said:

It actually says "EEEK using shared already!!"??? :wacko: :wacko:
:wacko: yep  :wacko:
Install ARCH

#32 OFFLINE   abarbarian

abarbarian

Thread Kahuna

• Forum MVP
  • 5,616 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 04:50 PM

View Postsecuritybreach, on Jan 17 2011, 05:38 PM, said:

I see you posted at the Archlinux forums, good!!! Maybe someone can tell us whats going on https://bbs.archlinu...c.php?id=111872 B)Also, you may want to post your /etc/slim.conf as they will need it to troubleshoot.
Not me. I'm bare metal not vm.   :wacko:
Install ARCH

#33 OFFLINE   abarbarian

abarbarian

Thread Kahuna

• Forum MVP
  • 5,616 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 05:00 PM

View Postsecuritybreach, on Jan 17 2011, 05:27 PM, said:

Could you post the entire /var/log/slim.log, since the error is not at the end of the file?
ESTART: 1.07665 [0.00001] - modulesESTART: 1.07665 [0.00001] - rememberESTART: 1.08896 [0.01230] - colorclassesESTART: 1.08897 [0.00002] - gadconESTART: 1.08898 [0.00001] - acpiESTART: 1.08900 [0.00001] - dpmsESTART: 1.08967 [0.00067] - powersaveESTART: 1.08970 [0.00004] - bgESTART: 1.08973 [0.00002] - mouseESTART: 1.09002 [0.00029] - bindingsESTART: 1.09016 [0.00014] - shelvesESTART: 1.09017 [0.00001] - thumb initESTART: 1.09018 [0.00001] - orderESTART: 1.09019 [0.00001] - add idle enterersESTART: 1.09026 [0.00007] - load modulesESTART: 1.34189 [0.25164] - init properitesESTART: 1.35362 [0.01173] - test codeESTART: 1.35364 [0.00002] - shelf config updateESTART: 1.35864 [0.00500] - manage all windowsESTART: 1.36020 [0.00155] - MAIN LOOP AT LASTESTART: 1.37007 [0.00988] - SLEEPgenerated: 'gnome' 0 (1010)generated: fallback 0 (7)E17 INIT: XINERAMA SCREEN: [0], 1920x1200+0+0E17 INIT: XINERAMA CHOSEN: [0], 1920x1200+0+0EEEK using shared already!!EEEK using shared already!!EEEK using shared already!!EEEK using shared already!!EEEK using shared already!!EEEK using shared already!!EEEK using shared already!!EEEK using shared already!!EEEK using shared already!!ERR<1915>:edje edje_util.c:3003 edje_object_size_min_restricted_calc() file /root/.e/e/themes/A-White-Blue.edj, group e/widgets/slider_horizontal has a non-fixed part 'label'. Adding 'fixed: 1 1;' to source EDC may help. Continuing discarding faulty part.EEEK using shared already!!ERR<1915>:edje edje_util.c:3003 edje_object_size_min_restricted_calc() file /root/.e/e/themes/A-White-Blue.edj, group e/widgets/slider_horizontal has a non-fixed part 'label'. Adding 'fixed: 1 1;' to source EDC may help. Continuing discarding faulty part.ERR<1915>:edje edje_util.c:3003 edje_object_size_min_restricted_calc() file /root/.e/e/themes/A-White-Blue.edj, group e/widgets/slider_horizontal has a non-fixed part 'label'. Adding 'fixed: 1 1;' to source EDC may help. Continuing discarding faulty part.EEEK using shared already!!ERR<1915>:edje edje_util.c:3003 edje_object_size_min_restricted_calc() file /root/.e/e/themes/A-White-Blue.edj, group e/widgets/slider_horizontal has a non-fixed part 'label'. Adding 'fixed: 1 1;' to source EDC may help. Continuing discarding faulty part.EEEK using shared already!!EEEK using shared already!!EEEK using shared already!!EEEK using shared already!!EEEK using shared already!!EEEK using shared already!!EEEK using shared already!!EEEK using shared already!!EEEK using shared already!!ERR<1915>:edje edje_util.c:3003 edje_object_size_min_restricted_calc() file /root/.e/e/themes/A-White-Blue.edj, group e/widgets/slider_horizontal has a non-fixed part 'label'. Adding 'fixed: 1 1;' to source EDC may help. Continuing discarding faulty part.EEEK using shared already!!ERR<1915>:edje edje_util.c:3003 edje_object_size_min_restricted_calc() file /root/.e/e/themes/A-White-Blue.edj, group e/widgets/slider_horizontal has a non-fixed part 'label'. Adding 'fixed: 1 1;' to source EDC may help. Continuing discarding faulty part.EEEK using shared already!!EEEK using shared already!!EEEK using shared already!!EEEK using shared already!!EEEK using shared already!!EEEK using shared already!!EEEK using shared already!!EEEK using shared already!!EEEK using shared already!!EEEK using shared already!!EEEK using shared already!!EEEK using shared already!!EEEK using shared already!!EEEK using shared already!!EEEK using shared already!!EEEK using shared already!![root@myhost ~]# Thats the bottom of the log.  :wacko: Ermm I can't remember how to scroll upwards in the terminal,It is emacs.Definitly looks like a E17 problem but I don't think the above refers to  the log in problem.I only wanted one desktop in E17 so I changed the settings for it and now I have a white screen with a wallpaper 1/3 size in the top L/corner but the dock is still the same size and in the correct position. An I recon that is what the above refers to. :wacko:
Install ARCH

#34 OFFLINE   securitybreach

securitybreach

CLI Phreak

• Forum Admins
  • 23,837 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 05:05 PM

Are you logged into E17 now because it looks like it is running?

View Postabarbarian, on Jan 17 2011, 03:50 PM, said:

Not me. I'm bare metal not vm.   :wacko:
Well the exact same issue as you are having. Conscience

#35 OFFLINE   abarbarian

abarbarian

Thread Kahuna

• Forum MVP
  • 5,616 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 05:17 PM

Thought about me wallpaper problem and simply changed the theme and then changed back to the one with the problem and it works as it should. So thats ok. Guess I'll have to try and let the maker know about the problem.   :wacko:
Install ARCH

#36 OFFLINE   abarbarian

abarbarian

Thread Kahuna

• Forum MVP
  • 5,616 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 05:27 PM

View Postsecuritybreach, on Jan 17 2011, 06:05 PM, said:

Are you logged into E17 now because it looks like it is running?Well the exact same issue as you are having. Conscience
Yep E17 is running.  :wacko:
Install ARCH

#37 OFFLINE   securitybreach

securitybreach

CLI Phreak

• Forum Admins
  • 23,837 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 05:28 PM

Are you just using startx?

#38 OFFLINE   abarbarian

abarbarian

Thread Kahuna

• Forum MVP
  • 5,616 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 05:52 PM

View Postsecuritybreach, on Jan 17 2011, 06:28 PM, said:

Are you just using startx?
What ?Turn on pc, log in as root in Slim, use E17.Use FF.  :wacko:  is all I do.
Install ARCH

#39 OFFLINE   securitybreach

securitybreach

CLI Phreak

• Forum Admins
  • 23,837 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 05:53 PM

So it is working? The command startx is the default way of starting the window manager. Login managers are just frontends.

#40 OFFLINE   V.T. Eric Layton

V.T. Eric Layton

Nocturnal Slacker

• Forum Admins
  • 21,491 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 06:33 PM

View Postabarbarian, on Jan 17 2011, 03:00 PM, said:

You seem to be an expert on Anarchy  :wacko: Did you perhaps find that life here,http://www.anarchy-o...=1003,1005,1028 :wacko:
Nah... never been there. Posted Image

#41 OFFLINE   amenditman

amenditman

Board Bigwig

• Forum MVP
  • 2,670 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 06:39 PM

View Postabarbarian, on Jan 17 2011, 03:00 PM, said:

You seem to be an expert on Anarchy  :wacko: Did you perhaps find that life here,http://www.anarchy-o...=1003,1005,1028 :wacko:
Silly abarbarian, anarchy is real life, not a game.

Tweak it 'til it breaks, then learn how to fix it.

L.I.F.E. (Linux Is For Everyone)

Registered Linux User # 474004 (06/16/2008)

REGLUE

Recycled Electronics and Gnu/Linux Used for Education

Reglue, in a nutshell, gives free Linux computers to under privileged children and their families.

www.reglue.org

#42 OFFLINE   abarbarian

abarbarian

Thread Kahuna

• Forum MVP
  • 5,616 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 07:35 PM

View PostV.T. Eric Layton, on Jan 17 2011, 07:33 PM, said:

Posted Image
I seen that before  :w00t:Have-not  :whistling: Have  :devil: Oh no they have infiltrated the site via time machine  :lol:
Install ARCH

#43 OFFLINE   V.T. Eric Layton

V.T. Eric Layton

Nocturnal Slacker

• Forum Admins
  • 21,491 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 09:34 PM

HAHA!  :whistling:

#44 OFFLINE   amenditman

amenditman

Board Bigwig

• Forum MVP
  • 2,670 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 09:52 PM

Boy, it didn't take long for this thread to degenerate into anarchy!

Tweak it 'til it breaks, then learn how to fix it.

L.I.F.E. (Linux Is For Everyone)

Registered Linux User # 474004 (06/16/2008)

REGLUE

Recycled Electronics and Gnu/Linux Used for Education

Reglue, in a nutshell, gives free Linux computers to under privileged children and their families.

www.reglue.org

#45 OFFLINE   abarbarian

abarbarian

Thread Kahuna

• Forum MVP
  • 5,616 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 10:38 PM

View Postamenditman, on Jan 17 2011, 10:52 PM, said:

Boy, it didn't take long for this thread to degenerate into anarchy!
:whistling: Don'tcha jus luv chaos
Install ARCH

#46 OFFLINE   sunrat

sunrat

Thread Kahuna

• Forum Moderators
  • 5,653 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 12:39 AM

Entropy rules!  :whistling:
registered Linux user number 324659  ||    The importance of Reading The *Fine* Manual! :D
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
For the things we have to learn before we can do them, we learn by doing them.

#47 OFFLINE   V.T. Eric Layton

V.T. Eric Layton

Nocturnal Slacker

• Forum Admins
  • 21,491 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 02:45 PM

... and status quo droolz!

#48 OFFLINE   abarbarian

abarbarian

Thread Kahuna

• Forum MVP
  • 5,616 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 10:55 PM

Well I nearly threw in the towel this evening. Foggy and bleak was the weather and the outlook for Archy.Could not seem to get anything to work at all.However.I now have the Goggles so I can see me way to playing music from me external hdd where I have me storage area for the present.   :thumbsup: So I have Arch but can not log in as an ordinary user but it is running.I have Enlightenment but it is a bit buggy, paradise may be beautiful but you still get them bugs for balance.I can funk me Goggles if I manually mount but a bit of auto-mounting would be neat.Surfing is fine with Namoroka an odd tweak or two will sweeten things up a bit. :clap: Not bad I recon for someone who was struggling with "how to run Nano" a week ago.I'm  :) (hooked)
Install ARCH

#49 OFFLINE   V.T. Eric Layton

V.T. Eric Layton

Nocturnal Slacker

• Forum Admins
  • 21,491 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 09:39 PM

HAHA! :bounce: Good for you!

#50 OFFLINE   abarbarian

abarbarian

Thread Kahuna

• Forum MVP
  • 5,616 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 10:47 PM

Phew this gets harder and harder.  :bounce: I had to type in " pacman -S smplayer" and make one tweal to said player to be able to view video files(Deinterlace>Lowpass5 + Aspect Ratio> 16.9). Still I supose it was worth it to watch Trinity Blood the anamie. :lol:
Install ARCH

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users