• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   raymac46

raymac46

Discussion Deity

• Forum MVP
  • 3,720 posts

Posted 16 January 2018 - 10:35 PM

Went with a 2 year deal and saved about 15%. I figured it's worth it, since ESET gives fine protection and does so without messing up Malware Bytes or video driver updates. It stays out of the way very well unless needed. Also licence extension was fast and accurate. After my headaches with Bitdefender, ESET is really great.
Posted Image

Registered Linux User 445659

#2 OFFLINE   securitybreach

securitybreach

CLI Phreak

• Forum Admins
  • 23,737 posts

Posted 17 January 2018 - 01:10 PM

Agreed, ESET is a great product :thumbup:
Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image
CNI Radio/G+ Profile/Configs/PGP Key/comhack π

"Do you begin to see, then, what kind of world we are creating? It is the exact opposite of the stupid hedonistic Utopias that the old reformers imagined. A world of fear and treachery and torment, a world of trampling and being trampled upon, a world which will grow not less but more merciless as it refines itself. Progress in our world will be progress toward more pain." -George Orwell, 1984

#3 OFFLINE   ebrke

ebrke

Board Bigwig

• Forum MVP
  • 2,807 posts

Posted 17 January 2018 - 06:15 PM

I've had various versions of ESET on my mother's windows machine for years now, and I've always been very satisfied. She's also had no viral infestations despite constant use of Facebook. Probably helps that I also installed MalwareBytes and have her on a limited user account with no knowledge of the admin password, but I still think ESET deserves a lot of the credit.
Posted Image

#4 OFFLINE   raymac46

raymac46

Discussion Deity

• Forum MVP
  • 3,720 posts

Posted 18 January 2018 - 07:26 PM

ESET has changed the name of its security suite from ESET Smart Security to ESET Internet Security. I have downloaded and installed the new suite on my Windows machines. One difference I see is how you configure the Firewall to deal with other devices on your LAN.
Posted Image

Registered Linux User 445659

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users