1000th MEMBER!!!

GolfProRM

Guest LilBambi

Congrats Scott9000 or Bushwhacker!Our 1K Member :D EDIT: Boy, oh Boy! We are at 1004 so I couldn't confirm or deny ;)

Edited by LilBambi

Just curious, but then why when the main page said exactly 1000 members, did it list the newest member as Scott9000 if Scott wasn't the 1000th member?

Guest LilBambi

No worries Ryan ... as soon as one of them actually posts a message, we will all know for sure.(If you look under my avatar on my posts, I am listed as Member No.: 100)

LilBambi is right. Neither has posted yet. But, in the Admin tool it gives me an "ID number" for every user. Bushwhacker has the 1000 ID number. Only thing is, Scott9000 has an ID number higher than all our registered members plus all the members who awaiting registration activation (meaning they haven't responded to their validation emails).So, I'm not 100% sure how these ID numbers are assigned, and whether they correspond with the Member no. But a check of mine and LilBambi's make me think that they do, in fact, correspond. I think the lag between registration and validation may cause the confusion we're having trying to watch the registration ticker at the bottom of the Forums home page.Officially, it's the person who has the Member No. 1000 under their avatar who is the official 1,000th member. We'll have to wait to be sure, but I believe it's going to be Bushwhacker!

Not to take anything away from Scott9000 (welcome Scott)  but member No. 1000 is Bushwhacker. Welcome Bushwhacker.
Now, Big Jeff, what do you know that the rest of us don't? How are you so sure it's Bushwhacker?-- Scot

Guest ComputerBob
So, I'm not 100% sure how these ID numbers are assigned, and whether they correspond with the Member no. But a check of mine and LilBambi's make me think that they do, in fact, correspond.
If I remember correctly from my own forums, there is a member ID field in the database that contains each member's "member number." So, yes, they are two different words for the same thing. It's probably caused by Matt, the IPB programmer, inadvertently using one term on the admin screen, and the other term below each member's avatar in their messages. So, if Bushwacker has ID #1000, then he should also be identified in his posts as member number 1000. :P The reason I remember that member ID database field is because, in my own forums, I'm member #2, and there is no member #1. I think that probably happened as a result of converting my forums from phpBB2 to IPB forums. I looked through the database, trying to figure out how to change my member number to 1, but I gave up when I couldn't figure out how to move all of my posts along with my member number. :)

Guest ComputerBob
Heh-heh, go here and hover your mouse over Bushwhacker's name. In your status bar, you'll see his/her member ID at the far right.  :)
That's very clever! I tried looking in the memberlist, but I didn't think of hovering over his username! :P

Welcome to SFNL forums and Congratulations to our 1000th member...whoever in the heck you may be!! :P Now Johnny (wake up Johnny, you drunken sod)...tell the lucky member what s/he has won...

Guest LilBambi
Heh-heh, go here and hover your mouse over Bushwhacker's name. In your status bar, you'll see his/her member ID at the far right.  :P
:) Doesn't work in my browser ... the line is too long! ... probably because I am using 800x600.

Woohoo - congrats to our whole community - if ya think about it - they never would of become number 1000 if we hadn't signed up already :P

Thanks, Jeber! Our 1,000th member will receive:Endless sleepless nights wandering aimlessly about reading complete insanity!Great advise, or Really Bad Advise, about using his/her computer AND living his/her life!Psychotherapy from real PSYCOtherapistsThe admiration of his/her peers!AND, the usual superpowers endowed upon SFNL members!Back to you, Jeber.