Message Mogul, and other titles

teacher

I don't believe it! Our new titles are going to quietly slide into existence without comment! :) I rather like being Message Adept. Now I can set a goal of being a Message Mogul! :) Scott, congratulations on the new names. Gee, I missed being a new kid cause I was a newcomer. Keep up the fantastic work! :)

Guest LilBambi

teacher --Yes, it's great ... I quietly moved from Post Master (4x4 or 6x8 ??? LOL!) to Message Mogul within 24 hours! Who knows where it will go from there!I see, as requested, Post Master was left in tact, at least for the moment :)

Glad you guys noticed! This is still a work in progress. I wouldn't quite call it a "theme," but we got rid of "member" and "advanced member." Before it was Newcomer, the default word was literally "newbie," believe it or not.I'm busy dreaming up alliterative or rhyming (and basically meaningless superlative) new Rank titles all the time now. I'm going to be ready for LilBambi and some others who keep creeping up on me. :rolleyes: -- Scot

Guest LilBambi

Cool! Lots of fun Rank Titles to look forward to then! :( BTW: I love the new Blue Skin with SNL Header graphics in place now! Arena and Scot have done a great job with the new blue skin!If anyone wants to change from purple to blue ... now you can and still be able to tell you are on the SNL Forums :rolleyes:(It is under My Controls, Skin and Languages, if you haven't been there before.)

Cool! Lots of fun Rank Titles to look forward to then!  :( BTW: I love the new Blue Skin with SNL Header graphics in place now! Arena and Scot have done a great job with the new blue skin!If anyone wants to change from purple to blue ... now you can and still be able to tell you are on the SNL Forums  :rolleyes:(It is under My Controls, Skin and Languages, if you haven't been there before.)
Thanks for the tip LilBambi... I really like the blue skin! It matches my desktop theme (everything is blue!!! :) ) (see my new screenshot here!DesktopGreat work Guys!!! :( :( B) B)

Guest LilBambi

GolfProRM --Definitely matches well! Cool desktop! Phoenix looks great! And I see you have 45% of Mandrake 9.1 ISO downloading too :( Hope the new Firebird (Phoenix) gets a new Icon soon :rolleyes:

GolfProRM --Definitely matches well! Cool desktop! Phoenix looks great! And I see you have 45% of Mandrake 9.1 ISO downloading too  B) Hope the new Firebird (Phoenix) gets a new Icon soon :rolleyes:
Thanks... And it's disk 3 and it just finished now :( (gotta love cable B) ) I downloaded all three disks... took 3 hours total :)Thought I'd give it a try... have a spare harddrive and nothing to do with it :)Yeah... a new icon would be very cool (of course if they can even keep the Firebird name)...

Guest LilBambi

Ryan --Yep ... cable is cool ... loved it when we were visiting folks ... as a matter of fact we downloaded and burned RedHat 7.3 last summer when we had cable access in about the same time! Then came home to dialup!Yeah, hope they can keep the Firebird name :rolleyes:

This is too funny... You (LilBambi) and I have been going back and forth between two different threads responding to eachother at the same time B) I reply in one thread and see that you replied in the other, so I go reply in the other, and you've replied in the first! :rolleyes: Oi... it's pretty obvious that we have NO LIVES!! :( It's all fun though!

Guest ComputerBob

Now I'm thinking that it'd be fun to have ranks based on Water Buffalo Lodge names from the old Flintstones cartoon show. Or maybe ranks from that old Laurel and Hardy movie in which they're lodge members and they lie to their wives so that they can go to the national Sons of the Desert convention (or was that a different L&H movie -- I used to know a lot about their short films).Big Jeff, wasn't the Racoon lodge the one that Ralph Kramden and Ed Norton belonged to?

ComputerBob: Big Jeff, wasn't the Racoon lodge the one that Ralph Kramden and Ed Norton belonged to?
Yup, and the source of the Grand High... title I posted. :o I'm a huge Jackie Gleason fan and I can quote a lot of lines from the Honeymooners verbatim. Hey Scot, if you ever get the inkling to start a Gleason forum, I'll volunteer to mod. :o :o :)

Guest ComputerBob

One of these days, Big Jeff.... One of these days..... BANG! ZOOM! :lol:Hey, I just became a Message Mogul! 250 must be the cut-off!Now I can light big fat message cigars with $100 bills and say things like, "I MADE you and I can BREAK you! :D

Guest LilBambi

ComputerBob --Congrats on becoming a Mogul!Ryan (GolfProRM) --That is funny about the postings ... I noticed that too!Big Jeff --Jackie Gleason ... he was fantastic -- great loss on 06/24/1987!George Burns is another one I dearly loved, and he's gone too: 03/09/1996 and of course we lost Gracie 08/27/1964.Here's just a sample of cool quotes from George Burns:

When I was young I was called a rugged individualist. When I was in my fifties I was considered eccentric. Here I am doing and saying the same things I did then and I'm labeled senile. -- George Burns (Just you and me Kid, 1979)
Ain't it the truth! :D

Posting Poo-bah
Hmmmm. Let's see, Admin CP, uh, where is it, oh yeah, "Users and Groups" ... "User Title/Ranks" ... Here we go, "Add Member Rank" ... does Poo-bah have a hyphen? ... dictionary.com ... Hmmmm. It has two H's and a hyphen, Pooh-bah.Pooh-Bah or pooh-bah (poo' bä) n.1. A pompous ostentatious official, especially one who, holding many offices, fulfills none of them. 2. A person who holds high office. Pips, how many pips ... "Add this rank" ... Ok. Done. Hmmm, we're going to run out of pips. Who cares.

I had a dream that I was a Message Marvel. I remember I could hardly wait to be a "Copious Communicator". Have you noted that Administator hasn't changed...with this crew, it might be Principle or Truant Officer or The Needle (because he leads the threads). :( :) Or, he could call himself "Daddy", because he pays for all of this. :blink: "The Wizard"?

Have you noted that Administator hasn't changed...with this crew, it might be Principle or Truant Officer or The Needle (because he leads the threads). :) :blink:
Principle honcho or The Principal :( ? Or could it be principle maestro of the forum or how about His Royal Highness Sir Scot :) (does that have the right Irish, Scottish, German, whatever the combination is?) or even Commander Scot :) !

Guest ComputerBob
....or even Commander Scot :( !
I like the name Commander Scot, but wasn't that the name of one of those weird-looking wooden marionettes on that 1960's Saturday morning children's spaceman show? :blink: Man, that show was really bad -- even as a little kid, I noticed the shiny wires attached to the marionettes, and the way that all the characters kind of hopped or slid, instead of walking. :)

Guest LilBambi

Scot --Pooh-bah! Too funny! And yes, Jeber's got the right of it .... how many pips? That's a great question, Jeber ... just checking to see how far away I am before I can be a Pooh-bah! LOL! B)

Guest ComputerBob

The great thing about Pooh-bah is that every one of us, no matter how many or how few times we've posted, can achieve Pooh-bah-ness (as defined in definition #1 above). B)

Now we are going to get into all kinds of problems with Disney; they bought the rights to the whole Milne thing, including Pooh...SFNL SUED OVER COPYWRITE INFRINGEMENT....BUT FRED AND BARNEY HAD A GRAND POOH-BAH, AND NOBODY SUED THEM! oh...the 60's..right..ok...mickey will do what to me if I don't desist?...Naw..to avoid legal implicatins, we must go with His Most Illustrious Master of the Post

Guest LilBambi

On the Pooh issue ... Disney has their own snakes to kill on that one! Last I heard they were trying to keep the Pooh rights themselves :blink:

WINNIE THE POOHThe Curse of PoohSure, kids love him. But he's made everyone close to him miserable. Just ask Disney, which is locked in a billion-dollar battle over his rights.
You can read all about it here in Fortune:http://www.fortune.com/fortune/articles/0,...,404206,00.htmlLOL!

Guest ComputerBob
On the Pooh issue ... Disney has their own snakes to kill on that one! Last I heard they were trying to keep the Pooh rights themselves  :blink:
A.A. Milne should've named him Winnie the Pooh-Bah. :D