How to make Mozilla my default web browser in MDK

Guest ajb

Hi,I need to make Mozilla my default browser for hyperlinks and stuff. I use Knode for news and Kmail for e-mail and both open Konqueror when clicking on hyperlinks.How do I change that?I am using Mandrake 9.1Thanks,AJ B)

Hi ajbWelcome to the All Things Linux Forum.Nice to see you use Mandrake aswell, I´m an absolute fan of Mandrake but you might have noticed that already reading the posts on this forum. :)As for your question: Kmail always opens Konqueror they are both of the same KDE package. Sure you could use evolution as mail program and that would solve your problem, but if you want to stick with Kmail ( I guess you do ) you will have to give me a little time to figure it out . . . . just have no ready to go answer for you ! ;)I will look into this and come back to you in this thread soon !B) Bruno

Guest LilBambi

ajb --Just like in Windows it is a matter of changing associations for html type files.Try this:KDE "start">Control Center>FileBrowsing>File Associations>text>html>in application list click "add">in the "choose application box" type: /usr/bin/mozilla -newwindow %u (you may have to change this to suit your version of mozilla, and it's location) Click OK. You can then highlight the mozilla entry you just made and move it to the top of the list of applications that will handle html. When you click a link, mozilla should be called to open it.This should work in any version of Mandrake from 8.x - current 9.1 version.

Nice one LilBambi, I was just 10 minutes to late with this one ! Looks like the same solution I came with !Fair play to you, you won ! B)B) Bruno

Quick update... In Mandrake 9.1, it's under KDE "start" -> Control Center -> Components -> File Associations -> Text -> htmlIn mine, Mozilla was already in the list, so I guess all you'd have to do is move it up to the top... Simple as that! B)