• Please log in to reply
199 replies to this topic

#51 OFFLINE   ebrke

ebrke

Board Bigwig

• Forum MVP
  • 2,672 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 02:23 PM

Looks like you're going to have to learn to mouse left handed!
Registered Linux User 344759

#52 OFFLINE   securitybreach

securitybreach

CLI Phreak

• Forum Admins
  • 22,791 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 02:32 PM

Hehe, that was the first time she did that.  She usually gets in my lap and lays across my left wrist as I am typing.
Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image
CNI Radio/G+ Profile/Configs/PGP Key/comhack π

"Do you begin to see, then, what kind of world we are creating? It is the exact opposite of the stupid hedonistic Utopias that the old reformers imagined. A world of fear and treachery and torment, a world of trampling and being trampled upon, a world which will grow not less but more merciless as it refines itself. Progress in our world will be progress toward more pain." -George Orwell, 1984

#53 OFFLINE   V.T. Eric Layton

V.T. Eric Layton

Nocturnal Slacker

• Forum Admins
  • 21,016 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 08:00 PM

She's in heat. She wants you. Meow!

#54 OFFLINE   securitybreach

securitybreach

CLI Phreak

• Forum Admins
  • 22,791 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 08:20 PM

Nope, that isn't it.

"Do you begin to see, then, what kind of world we are creating? It is the exact opposite of the stupid hedonistic Utopias that the old reformers imagined. A world of fear and treachery and torment, a world of trampling and being trampled upon, a world which will grow not less but more merciless as it refines itself. Progress in our world will be progress toward more pain." -George Orwell, 1984

#55 OFFLINE   securitybreach

securitybreach

CLI Phreak

• Forum Admins
  • 22,791 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 08:24 PM

Posted Image

#56 OFFLINE   V.T. Eric Layton

V.T. Eric Layton

Nocturnal Slacker

• Forum Admins
  • 21,016 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 08:37 PM

She doesn't want you? :(

#57 OFFLINE   securitybreach

securitybreach

CLI Phreak

• Forum Admins
  • 22,791 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 08:56 PM

View PostV.T. Eric Layton, on 05 January 2015 - 08:37 PM, said:

She doesn't want you? :(

Not for that...

#58 OFFLINE   V.T. Eric Layton

V.T. Eric Layton

Nocturnal Slacker

• Forum Admins
  • 21,016 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 08:57 PM

How old is Anubis these days?

#59 OFFLINE   securitybreach

securitybreach

CLI Phreak

• Forum Admins
  • 22,791 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 10:42 PM

About a year and 6 months.

#60 OFFLINE   V.T. Eric Layton

V.T. Eric Layton

Nocturnal Slacker

• Forum Admins
  • 21,016 posts

Posted 06 January 2015 - 06:23 PM

In all that time, have you never witnessed her going through the estrus phase?

You couldn't have missed this unless you were dead or zombified. It's that obvious.

The second stage is the period of sexual receptivity. It is what breeders refer to as heat and lasts four to six days. The queen begins to make more noise and her meows are louder and more frequent-eventually becoming almost constant. There is an obvious change in her behavior: She becomes much more affectionate toward people, weaves in and out of their legs, rubs against them, shakes her pelvis, and rolls about on the floor. If picked up when rolling, she may grab at your arm or even bite.
As the urge to mate becomes pronounced, her cries become alarming-sounding like those of an animal in pain. This call attracts toms from near and far.
Young cats having their first heat have been described by unknowing owners as “rabid,” due to the dramatic changes in behavior. It is at this time that many families decide spaying is a good option.

*from THIS article at WebMD

Why WebMD has articles about cats I haven't a clue. ;)

Anyway, if Anubis is actually a she type kitty, she would have gone into estrus at least once by now. If she's a boy type kitty, testes would be very obvious at this point... located in the usual location. ;)

Edited by V.T. Eric Layton, 06 January 2015 - 06:24 PM.

#61 OFFLINE   securitybreach

securitybreach

CLI Phreak

• Forum Admins
  • 22,791 posts

Posted 06 January 2015 - 06:25 PM

Nah, I never seen that as she talks all the time anyway. Plus she does most of what you mentioned above all the time. Anubis is a special kitty.

#62 OFFLINE   V.T. Eric Layton

V.T. Eric Layton

Nocturnal Slacker

• Forum Admins
  • 21,016 posts

Posted 06 January 2015 - 06:25 PM

Is it possible she was fixed as a kitten before you adopted her?

#63 OFFLINE   securitybreach

securitybreach

CLI Phreak

• Forum Admins
  • 22,791 posts

Posted 06 January 2015 - 07:01 PM

No, she wasn't. She was on the porch with the other kittens and hasn't had shots or been fixed. I never got shots as she is an inside only kitty.

#64 OFFLINE   V.T. Eric Layton

V.T. Eric Layton

Nocturnal Slacker

• Forum Admins
  • 21,016 posts

Posted 06 January 2015 - 11:49 PM

Ah... well, you already know my opinion on all that, so we won't venture there.

#65 OFFLINE   securitybreach

securitybreach

CLI Phreak

• Forum Admins
  • 22,791 posts

Posted 06 January 2015 - 11:49 PM

Right...

#66 OFFLINE   V.T. Eric Layton

V.T. Eric Layton

Nocturnal Slacker

• Forum Admins
  • 21,016 posts

Posted 06 January 2015 - 11:55 PM

Posted Image

#67 OFFLINE   securitybreach

securitybreach

CLI Phreak

• Forum Admins
  • 22,791 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 02:49 PM

Anubis taken just now:

Posted Image

#68 OFFLINE   ebrke

ebrke

Board Bigwig

• Forum MVP
  • 2,672 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 05:54 PM

Looks like she's giving you the evil eye!  I also had a cat, probably the sweetest and best-natured of all my cats, who looked really stern most of the time.  I never could understand it.  I almost refused to have her taken out of the cage at the shelter because of that look, but luckily the attendant clued me in to her real nature.

#69 OFFLINE   securitybreach

securitybreach

CLI Phreak

• Forum Admins
  • 22,791 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 12:48 AM

Well it was mainly due to the flash from the camera. She makes all kinds of faces but mostly very pleasant looking.

#70 OFFLINE   Capt.Crow

Capt.Crow

Multithreader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,237 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 06:03 PM

You guys have me grieving for Maggot who just vanished 6yrs ago at the ripe age of 25. She was a funny old thing . She would have her kittens here . Then when they were weaned she would take them away off into wherever and come back without them every time .
Linux counter no . 393441

#71 OFFLINE   securitybreach

securitybreach

CLI Phreak

• Forum Admins
  • 22,791 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 02:02 PM

Posted Image

#72 OFFLINE   Capt.Crow

Capt.Crow

Multithreader

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,237 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 03:41 PM

Gosh! that looks like a younger version of Maggot.
Linux counter no . 393441

#73 OFFLINE   LilBambi

LilBambi

Australisches Googler

• Forum Admins
  • 22,513 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 05:50 PM

The Root Cat too.
Bambi
AKA Fran

Posted Image
My Public Key for Email :: BambisMusings Blog :: Fran's Computer Services Blog :: MyPassionIsBooks Blog :: 5BuckReview :: CNIRadio
"The Net interprets censorship as damage and routes around it." ~John Gilmore (Time Magazine, Dec 6, 1993)

#74 OFFLINE   Corrine

Corrine

The Mystical Rose

• Forum Admins
  • 4,031 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 08:15 PM

The landlord of a former co-worker told him he had too many cats and if he wanted to stay in the apartment, he had to find new homes for some of them.  If I recall correctly, he had 4 cats and could only keep 2.  At the time, we had three dogs and Tasha, a cat that we had adopted from the local humane society.  We figured Tasha needed a Buddy.   Needless to say, made arrangements to pick him up and, as evidenced from the picture below, he did become Tasha's Buddy.

Posted Image

Tasha has been gone for quite a few years and, sadly, I had to say good bye to Buddy yesterday.   My co-worker didn't know Buddy's birth date so all I know is that he was somewhere around 20 years old.  He was definitely a sweetheart and I miss him.   .

Posted Image

BTW, even though there is a picture of Buddy walking around outside, that was a rare exception.  Like Eric, I feel strongly that indoor cats are much better off.
Posted Image

Take a walk through the "Security Garden" -- Where Everything is Coming up Roses!

Remember - A day without laughter is a day wasted.
May the wind sing to you and the sun rise in your heart.

#75 OFFLINE   ebrke

ebrke

Board Bigwig

• Forum MVP
  • 2,672 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 09:25 PM

I'm sorry, Corrine.  I know from experience how hard it is to say goodbye to a four-footed companion.  Unfortunately, the links to Buddy's pictures aren't working in your post.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users