Heartbleed

sunrat

V.T. Eric Layton

The NSA's brainwave scanner has been in operation for nearly three years already. All those cell towers you see around your area are not really cell towers. They're NSA brainwave scanner antennae. That's right. The NSA is tracking your every thought now.

So, you know what I think about that? You don't? Well, the NSA sure as H3LL does. ;)

• Like 2

V.T. Eric Layton

Speaking of FUDD deliberately initiated in order to make $$$, check out this Wired article:

Has the NSA Been Using the Heartbleed Bug as an Internet Peephole?

Why even bother to publish something like this when the bottom line is succinctly summarized in just two sentences within the article?

So far, though, there’s no evidence to suggest this is the case. And there are reasons why this method wouldn’t be very efficient for the NSA.

Oh, yeah... to sensationalize in order to get website hits and magazine sales and increase advertisement income. I remember now.

The day that news became a business was the end of news as a source of information that could be trusted.

• Like 1

Guest LilBambi

Think the figured that out when JFK was killed, or even before ...

Yes, we do need to look at the bright side ... Yahoo and Yahoo Flickr! were vulnerable, but Google apparently is not. ;)

Guest LilBambi

So only criminal hackers would think to use script bots to hit a server repeatedly to get all the data possible, over and over, right?

Why even bother to publish something like this when the bottom line is succinctly summarized in just two sentences within the article?

So far, though, there’s no evidence to suggest this is the case. And there are reasons why this method wouldn’t be very efficient for the NSA.

Oh, yeah... to sensationalize in order to get website hits and magazine sales and increase advertisement income. I remember now.

Got you to read it, didn't it?! :shifty: ;)

Thanks for the two line summary anyway. Saved me from reading it. :)

• Like 1

V.T. Eric Layton

Yup. There are scores of pasty-faced once-human drones sitting before their flat screens in darkened cubicles across the newsrooms and magazine offices of the world who perform no other function than to create enticing and alluring headlines for articles written by the slightly more evolved species known as reporters.

monkeys-at-typewriters.jpg

• Like 1

Has the NSA Been Using the Heartbleed Bug as an Internet Peephole?

Clickbait.......... and nothing more.

You have to take ALL news sources with a grain of salt. Do you know how many articles on Heartbleed I had to skim through before there was a FACTUAL explanation of the bug?

http://gizmodo.com/how-heartbleed-works-the-code-behind-the-internets-se-1561341209/+ericlimer

And on Gizmodo, no less! That alone is amazing.

Adam

• Like 2

not bad , i've seen a couple of other good ones from blogger types and IIRC on Monday night the first reports were pretty explicit and terse about the problem.

but ... I think it was oversimplified just a bit and also doesn't address the issue of just because you got buffer data doesn't mean you can actually use it or that it has anything useful in the buffer. I'm going to believe this is overblown till I see someone give out proof of 'purloined' credentials.

'course it helps that none of our servers were effected.

V.T. Eric Layton

Well, with 18 pages of usernames and passwords from the last 14 years or so Internet use, I'm just sorry to say that I'm going to have to risk the security breach because there ain't no farkin' way that I'm going to go to each one of those sites and change my login information; particularly when their server admins may not have even fixed the issue yet... if they ever do.

IIWII :'(

• Like 1

Yeah, hard to change so many in this case. I'm willing to bet that this was discovered but perhaps not exploited.

I've heard from one company so far about the bug, and they stated thy were not affected.

Adam

• Like 2

V.T. Eric Layton

Yeah, hard to change so many in this case. I'm willing to bet that this was discovered but perhaps not exploited.

I agree... with the exception of the NSA, of course. ;)

• Like 1