Malwarebytes causing problems

mac

I think. When I started up this A.M. I got a pop-up that a new version of MB was available. So before launching anything, I clicked O.K. to install the new version. After it finished, I tried to launch Chrome. The window opened but my home page did not show, and would not show even after hitting the home page icon. So I tried to close Chrome, but the system would not do so. I started up task manager, and the window opened but said Not Responding. I tried a restart but got a not responding. I tried a three finger salute, but the pop-up window didn't show shutdown or restart but did show sign off, which I selected. It then showed a green screen with Sign Off but nothing happened. I went and got a cup of coffee, and when I came back the same screen appeared. I used the restart button on the PC, and it appeared to reboot. Signed on, and had the same problems as before. This time I used the power button to force a shutdown. Went and got another cup of coffee. Started the PC up, and after signing in, opened control panel and uninstalled MB. After another restart, the PC appears to be O.K. as you can see.

Anyone else having problems with MalwareBytes?

Tks

Guest LilBambi

I have not had any issues with Malwarebytes (myself or clients as yet), but you might want to go download the newest version from malwarebytes.com and then uninstall and reinstall it. Maybe something got corrupted?

Hi Fran,

I've already uninstalled the current MB version - didn't get a chance to see the version number. I just went to their forum site, but haven't seen any reports of what happened to me PC this A.M.

I'll D/L the most recent version and keep my fingers crossed.

Thanks!

Downloaded and installed Ver 3.4.4. rebooted, even though the program didn't ask me to. Windows 10 opened normally. Opened MB and registered the program. No problems that I can detect.

Posted too soon. Started a cold boot this A.M. and experienced the same problems as in my #1 post. Shut down with the power button, then immediately started up CP and uninstalled MB. I'll wait for the next release...