3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   epp_b

epp_b

Discussion Deity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,735 posts

Posted 31 March 2004 - 04:08 PM

I would like to connect my Logitech Cordless Freedom Mouse & Keyboard to a USB -> PS/2 adapter (specifically, displayed here: http://www.kingwin.c...ateID=42&ID=139 ).  I haven't purchased this yet, because I want to know that it will work properly with the Logitech drivers before I spend money on it.My question is, does anyone know if iTouch and MouseWare work with this adapter?

#2 OFFLINE   Ed_P

Ed_P

Discussion Deity

• Members
  • 3,089 posts

Posted 31 March 2004 - 04:54 PM

That unit looks more to be a PS2 -> USB adapter. "# Allow you convert PS/2 keyboard & mouse simultaneously to USB ports on your PC or note book."Is that what you meant when you said "USB -> PS/2 adapter"?
Ed

#3 OFFLINE   nlinecomputers

nlinecomputers

Discussion Deity

• No Longer a Member
  • 3,932 posts

Posted 31 March 2004 - 05:17 PM

I'm a bit confused by this too.  Most cordless mice are USB.  They come with adapters to convert them to PS/2.  If your out of USB ports then buy a hub.  If you don't have any at all then shouldn't you be upgrading that old 486?   :flowers:
Nathan Williams, N-Line Computers

How to kill a programmer:  Give him a shampoo bottle.  Lather, Rinse, Repeat.

#4 OFFLINE   epp_b

epp_b

Discussion Deity

• Members
  • 4,735 posts

Posted 31 March 2004 - 06:01 PM

Er, PS/2 -> USB is what I meant (typo).  My keyboard & mouse use a unified receiver.I did some searching, and, according to Logitech, I don't think I'll even need this adapter.  I can connect my Keyboard & Mouse using the USB cable that from the receiver for both the keyboard & mouse (I currently use the two PS/2 ports, with the USB cable connected to a PS/2 adapter)Edit: yup, just tried this - I can use my mouse & keyboard with only the USB port if I want to.  Yeaah!

Edited by epp_b, 01 April 2004 - 02:05 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users