D Small Linux 0.4.10

Bruno

I noticed in the site column of distrowatch that there is a new version of D Small Linux the 0.4.10 . . . I have no details on this one yet but if you want to download it: ftp://ibiblio.org/pub/Linux/distributions/damnsmall !! It´s on the TOP of the page !! :D ( not very logic but it is . . . . ) Downloading it now and letting you know what I think about it . . . :D Bruno

Right have it running ( noticed on their forum there was a bug in the scroll for USB mice, the bug must have been fixed because there is an extra choice to make at boot ). As always this is an unbeatable little distro. For fast running don´t forget to type "knoppix toram" at the boot prompt, so it runs completely from ram and not from CD. For those of you that like pacman-like games . . . this is a must: TuxNES a collection of 8 'old fashon' games: Sack od Four, BoxBoy, Galaxy Patrol, BombSweeper, Joust, SoKoBan, JetFighter and SolarWars As soon as further details are available I will post them :D :D Bruno

DSL is brilliant, sure with the "toram" . . . it´s so fast, no other Live CD can match that ! And even if you only got little ram, you can run it from there . . 64 ram will do . . . :D :DB) Bruno

It is a nice distro. Just love the scroll capability. Have you noticed it has moved up to number 8 on the Distrowatch list? It sure is fun to play with those old games....

DSL runs great on a 400 MHz PII w/128 MB ram. It took a few minutes to d/l Firebird 0.7 and Flash but it is worth it. I need to try more of the other apps. I might put it on the hard drive and play with it there for a while before I get mandrake 9.2. :D Ken

Ken,It runs even faster with the "toram" option then from HD . . . . ;) . . . but it´s nicew to have on HD too, saves you sliding in the CD every time ! ( but do not download Firebird before you do the HD install ) there is a Tip: DSL HD InstallB) Bruno

I bought pocket CD-R's just for this distro.  I will soon get pocket CD-WR's.
LOL . . . nice one Greg ! Sort out your media ! With all the new versions every week, you have to start thinking economics ! :DB) Bruno

The changes in 0.4.10:

About: D*** Small Linux is a business-card size (50MB) Live CD Linux distribution. Despite its minuscule size it strives to have a functional and easy to use desktop.Changes: This version includes new Xvesa and Xfbdev Xservers from CVS, in which the mouse scroll is better, and there is no need to re-map the mouse buttons any more. A fun addition for this release is TuxNES, and an assortment of public domain games. The Firebird install script is updated to 0.7, and there is a new Fluxbox theme, "Lawn". Also new is Nano-tiny. It is now possible to dynamically load usb-storage only when mounting USB drives.
B) Bruno