Asus's water-cooled laptop looks insane

securitybreach

securitybreach

We first saw Asus's insane water-cooled GX700 laptop at IFA this year and it looked insane. The top of the line gaming machine will run an Intel Skylake processor with an Nvidia GeForce GTX 980. No, I didn't forget to add an 'M' to the end of that; the laptop actually runs a desktop graphics card.

X0kkKUo.jpg

With all that power comes the need to cooling and that's where Asus's crazy docking station for the GX700 comes into play. Dock your laptop into the massive water-cooling station and water will be pumped through its heat sinks to drop the temps of both the processor and graphics card. Asus promises around 12% drop in temps when the GX700 is docked. We still don't have pricing or availability for the GX700 but will update as soon as we hear.

If that's a bit crazy for you, Asus has a tamer, but still immensely powerful laptop for you. At a press conference in San Francisco today, the company announced the G752 line of laptops running the latest Intel Skylake CPUs and configurable with up to 64GB of RAM. Oh, it also looks like a jet from the back. Asus calls it "INVINCIBLE BIO-ARMOR DESIGN FOR EXTREME GAMER." Um, OK.............

http://www.appy-geek...icleid=49663985

Guest LilBambi

If I were the gamer I used to be ... still green seeing it LOL!

I still do gaming, but not the same 1st person shooters, etc. I used to. So the requirements are not as hefty.

GX700_575px.jpg

For the price you may as well get a special case and build a desktop pc in it. It would be easier to carry than the laptop and the cooling lump. Now if you could use the laptop without the water cooler for surfing and light stuff and then add on the water cooler when you were gaming I could see that being useful. :breakfast: