• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Corrine

Corrine

The Mystical Rose

• Forum Admins
  • 4,285 posts

Posted 25 October 2018 - 03:35 PM

Microsoft has released cumulative update KB 4462933 with a very long list of non-security improvements and fixes for Windows 10 April  2018 Update (version 1803).
Posted Image

Take a walk through the "Security Garden" -- Where Everything is Coming up Roses!

Remember - A day without laughter is a day wasted.
May the wind sing to you and the sun rise in your heart.

#2 OFFLINE   crp

crp

Discussion Deity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,118 posts

Posted 25 October 2018 - 10:16 PM

and it took a loooonnnnnnnngggggggggggg time to install on a pc using 7thGen i5 and 7200rpm 6G Sata3 drive.
Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. ~C. S. Lewis

#3 OFFLINE   Robert

Robert

Message Mogul

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 29 October 2018 - 01:25 AM

Not sure if it was this or another update which killed my laptops network connection. After trying multiple fixes for several hours I noticed the main program I use on the laptop would attempt to launch but crash. So now I am 7 hours into reinstalling Windows today and at 30% of this updates download again. I hope it works this time because trying to keep Windows running is killing me.

#4 OFFLINE   goretsky

goretsky

Posting Prodigy

• Forum Moderators
  • 2,012 posts

Posted 29 October 2018 - 05:30 AM

Hello,

I've installed it on three machines (two physical, one virtual running on one of the physical machines).  I tend to wander away for a cup of coffee and go work on another system when installing updates, so am unsure of how long it took on them.  No issues noticed with any of the systems after the upgrade was installed.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky
Dexter is a good dog.

Aryeh Goretsky
Microsoft MVP 2004.1-2018.6 [Cloud and Datacenter Management]

(previously Networking, Windows, Windows for Devices and IT)
FacebookGoogle+ personal blogpersonal websiteTwitter work blog

#5 OFFLINE   Robert

Robert

Message Mogul

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 29 October 2018 - 08:23 PM

I have slow DSL so these larger updates take several hours to download and then sometimes fail when installing. Instead of trying to reinstall the same file, Windows then downloads it a second time. Yesterday I started an update about 3:30pm. It was after 8pm before it finished downloading and began installing. About 20 minutes later it said the install failed so began downloading it again.

October has been a rougher than usual update month because it broke Windows bad enough I could not fix it so had to reinstall. It also broke my Windows 10 Desktop networking but I managed to fix that or was just lucky.

#6 OFFLINE   Ed_P

Ed_P

Discussion Deity

• Members
  • 3,093 posts

Posted 30 October 2018 - 02:22 AM

This is why I do backups the first of each month.  Recovery much faster when things go awry.
Ed

#7 OFFLINE   crp

crp

Discussion Deity

• Members
  • 3,118 posts

Posted 30 October 2018 - 11:35 AM

View PostEd_P, on 30 October 2018 - 02:22 AM, said:

This is why I do backups the first of each month.  Recovery much faster when things go awry.
I try to do a restore point before an update.
Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. ~C. S. Lewis

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users