Photo

iPhone vs. Android: 12 points of difference

Today, 03:23 PM

Posted by Computerworld in Computerworld News

Want to start an argument? Just say, “There’s no question Android phones are the best,” “iPhones are worth every penny,” “Only a dolt would use an iPhone,” or, “Android sucks,” and then stand back.

Got that out of your system? Good. The truth is both iPhones running iOS and smartphones running Android have their good and bad points.

And make no mistake: The fight is between these two mobile operating systems. All the alternatives are pretty much dead and buried. Microsoft, for example, recently admitted, “We had no material Phone revenue this quarter.” Canonical, Ubuntu Linux’s parent company, has given up on smartphones. BlackBerry exists only as a brand name, and the manufacturer making “BlackBerry” phones is now using Android.

To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here

View the full article

0 Views · 0 Replies

Photo

How I use Android: Google Photos Manager Indy Khare

Today, 12:17 PM

Posted by Computerworld in Computerworld News

Sure, your phone is a finely tuned productivity tool -- but it's also a powerful personal computer that's practically always in your pocket. No matter how business-ready your mobile device may be, you're bound to take advantage of Android's non-work-related functions from time to time, too.

In other words: You're human. And like most other humans on Earth in 2017, you probably take the occasional one to 1,000 photos with your phone (it's okay; I swear I won't tell your boss).

For we hominids who use our smartphones as both business and personal appliances, Google Photos is a fantastic and familiar way to store, share, and manage all of the images in our dual-purpose lives. That's why I thought it'd be interesting to see how one of the fellas who develops and manages such an indispensable app uses Android in his own day-to-day existence.

To read this article in full or to leave a comment, please click here

View the full article

0 Views · 0 Replies

Latest Discussions

Site Navigation

Online Users

0 members, 71 visitors and 0 anonymous users

Yahoo, Bing, Google

Portal v1.1.0 by DevFuse | Based on IP.Board Portal by IPS