Interesting Online Documentary Videos

V.T. Eric Layton

V.T. Eric Layton

Lately, I've become addicted to watching video documentaries online. I thought it would be pretty cool to start at thread here for folks to post links to their favorite documentary vids.

So, let me see...

I saw this interesting one the other night:

Area 51 Declassified

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JByUxV1X_pg&feature=youtu.be

Enjoy!

Don't forget to post some of your own favs here. :)

Edited by V.T. Eric Layton
  • Like 1

Hulu says this is a documentary. I can't resist WW2 documentaries.

Soviet Storm - WW2 in the East

Soviet Storm is a new and epic television history of the Second World War’s Eastern Front. Originally produced for Russian television, it gives an unprecedented eastern perspective on the war’s most decisive and bloody theatre, all depicted through stunning computer-generated imagery and reconstructions.

• Like 3

V.T. Eric Layton

Titanic - The Ship That Never Sank

Entertaining conspiracy theory about Titanic being swapped for her sister ship the Olympic prior to her fateful voyage.

https://www.youtube....h?v=WdxJp2fVXJ8

It's kind of amazing how having a few pictures and old film clips along with a story of some sort being narrated by someone with a Brit accent is often so convincing. ;)

• Like 1

V.T. Eric Layton

The Area 51 documentary is 100% legit. Hate to spoil it for the UFO folks, but there are no aliens in that documentary. It's the story of the CIA-run black op out at Groom Lake for the purpose of designing/testing reconnaissance aircraft like the U-2 and the forerunner of the SR-71 Blackbird. Watch it. It's very interesting.

V.T. Eric Layton

Untold Horrors of WWII

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptNwt8FxkGA

It's not really that horrible. It's a series of stories about events during WWII:

- the Norwegian/British operation to destroy the heavy water plant in Norway that was occupied by the Nazis. The Brits feared that Hitler was trying to make the "Bomb."

- the Japanese mini-subs used during the attack on Pearl

- the Kamikazi

Edited by V.T. Eric Layton

V.T. Eric Layton

http://www.dailymoti...grad_shortfilms - Stalingrad

The greatest WW2 documentary ever made. Narrated by Sir Laurence Olivier.

"Stalingrad is the mass grave of the Wehrmacht. A German soldier dies every seven seconds in Stalingrad." - Soviet propaganda

Edit - New link. Youtube cut me off.

Would you believe that have every episode of World At War on Youtube EXCEPT Ep 9. :(

Guess I'll watch it on DailyMotion. :)

The Brits' fears were right. An atomic weapon delivered by a V2 would have been the ultimate weapon.

Atomic weapons delivered by clunky propeller driven bombers proved to be the ultimate weapons.

• Like 1

thankful the nuke-tipped rocket did not happen until that war was over.

Thankfully, the Nazi's weren't able to complete their nuclear program... If they had, the Allied Forces would probably have had to find another launching point for attacking Germany other than Great Britain. The loss of lives in Great Britain would have been horrendous.

V.T. Eric Layton

Battlefield - The Battle of Kursk

Watch this interesting documentary about the WWII Battle of Kursk (Nazi code name: Operation Citadel), which was the largest mechanized battle in history up to Desert Storm of 1991.

• Like 2

If you went to school in the 60's you will remember this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08QDu2pGtkc

Hemo the Magnificent is a one-hour Technicolor made-for-television educational film, released in 1957 by Bell Laboratories and directed by Frank Capra, and first telecast by CBS. It details the workings of the circulatory system. Although Time magazine gave it an extremely negative review [1], calling it "condescending" and citing it as an example of how the scientific information was presumably "dumbed down" by including cute cartoon animals, it quickly became a classic of the genre, featuring incredibly detailed television animations for its time. It is one in a series of nine Bell Telephone science specials telecast in prime time on commercial network television, from the late 1950s to the mid-1960s. All but one of these specials starred Frank C. Baxter; the last of them starred Walt Disney.

• Like 2

The World at War is a 26 episode documentary. Anything available on YouTube is probably an illegal counterfeit. I noticed that this one has altered Sir Laurence's voice.

I bought me dad that set a long time ago as a birfday presie. He thought it was great. :breakfast:

• Like 1

V.T. Eric Layton

If you went to school in the 60's you will remember this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08QDu2pGtkc

Hemo the Magnificent is a one-hour Technicolor made-for-television educational film, released in 1957 by Bell Laboratories and directed by Frank Capra, and first telecast by CBS. It details the workings of the circulatory system. Although Time magazine gave it an extremely negative review [1], calling it "condescending" and citing it as an example of how the scientific information was presumably "dumbed down" by including cute cartoon animals, it quickly became a classic of the genre, featuring incredibly detailed television animations for its time. It is one in a series of nine Bell Telephone science specials telecast in prime time on commercial network television, from the late 1950s to the mid-1960s. All but one of these specials starred Frank C. Baxter; the last of them starred Walt Disney.

HOLY CARP! I remember that film. They showed it to us when I was in about 3rd grade, I think. That would have been around 1969. We saw it on a 16mm projector in the school lunchroom. :)

• 2 weeks later...